What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Wave Candy In Front of A Child's Face

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, I'm pretty well informed (I thought) about what's available and what isn't. When the iPad 3 came out I said no, I'll stay with my iPad 2. When the iPad Mini came out I said, Why would I want that?"

So I'm watching tv with my wife tonight who mentions that the iPad 4th Generation is on sale on Home Shopping Network. I tell her that's the mini. She says no, it isn't and gives me the dimensions. I said there is not iPad 4th generation, if there was I would no about it. She sends me the link.

Now I've been really into my iPhone 5 lately and when the last announcement was made all I heard was iPad Mini. So I come here and there it is, in black and white. iPad fourth generation.

I feel the adrenaline pumping in me. Surely my wife is telling me about this because she wants me to have it as a Christmas gift and how in the hell did I not know about it? I say buy it? She says with what money?

Well, that one cost a lot of money and had a lot of stuff I already had as accessories so I don't need that one but then I look at Apple Store and they have a Black Friday special. 41.00 off. She says what's wrong with my iPad 2 and I say nothing except it doesn't have the retina display and now is 2 generations behind and moves like a snail compared to the Fourth Generation. This is not my fault. Do not wave electronics in my face and pull them away from me!

Order placed, won't have a ship date for a few days but it will get here.

Never wave candy over a child's face. Even if that child is 60 years old.

You all keep that in mind.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh boy do I know the feeling ! That's how my husband gave me an iPad mini as an early Xmas present...he never knew what hit him ;-)

Another old kid.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. Enjoy your iPad 4.

You're right. What was she thinking?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now, I'm pretty well informed (I thought) about what's available and what isn't. When the iPad 3 came out I said no, I'll stay with my iPad 2. When the iPad Mini came out I said, Why would I want that?"

So I'm watching tv with my wife tonight who mentions that the iPad 4th Generation is on sale on Home Shopping Network. I tell her that's the mini. She says no, it isn't and gives me the dimensions. I said there is not iPad 4th generation, if there was I would no about it. She sends me the link.

Now I've been really into my iPhone 5 lately and when the last announcement was made all I heard was iPad Mini. So I come here and there it is, in black and white. iPad fourth generation.

I feel the adrenaline pumping in me. Surely my wife is telling me about this because she wants me to have it as a Christmas gift and how in the hell did I not know about it? I say buy it? She says with what money?

Well, that one cost a lot of money and had a lot of stuff I already had as accessories so I don't need that one but then I look at Apple Store and they have a Black Friday special. 41.00 off. She says what's wrong with my iPad 2 and I say nothing except it doesn't have the retina display and now is 2 generations behind and moves like a snail compared to the Fourth Generation. This is not my fault. Do not wave electronics in my face and pull them away from me!

Order placed, won't have a ship date for a few days but it will get here.

Never wave candy over a child's face. Even if that child is 60 years old.

You all keep that in mind.

We're all kids.......just with more expensive tastes!

Congratulations......she <you> will love it. :D

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in that situation...have an ipad 2, skipped nicely the ipad 3, and was getting ready for ipad 4, but I was expecting it next March.

Now I have time to think about it until a jb is available as no jb=no ipad.

Is the upgrade from the 2 to 4 worth?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You did well to skip the 3. Skipping two generations is more than one can expect.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
You did well to skip the 3. Skipping two generations is more than one can expect.

Yes, but 4 came earlier than planned and my 2 still works well, but I am dying to go Retina :)

And as mentioned above, it is not a chip toy, despite the fact that I have been using it intensively since the day I got it.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I almost started a fight with a guy at Walmart, I was talking about the new ipad 4 he goes no you mean the mini, I said its the 4th gen iPad, he was like there is no such thing it's the mini. He started to raise his voice and put his hands on his hips... I let it go cause he was a big guy... But I know I'm right lol....

Aaron stone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father. Bought me iPad 4g I thought it was iPad 3 and posted the same in few of the topics

He said me its 3rd gem so before few hours he said me its 4G model I don't believe so was checking out in the Internet then knew that it was iPad 4
It has small charger panel even I dint knew that iPad 4 was there

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I got my ipad 3 I thought it was the 2nd one lol until I updated to iOS 6 and saw I had Siri....

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got my shipping notice. It's not in FedEx's system yet, Apple says delivery date will be Tuesday.

I always take the free delivery, and it never takes more then 2 days to get here. I must be somewhat close to a warehouse.

Yesterday I had some second thoughts. Geeze do I really need this, and I could use the money on other things. But when I looked at my order the first thing it said was boxed and no cancellations. Well, guess it was meant to be. My buyers remorse is gone. :)

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gotta treat yourself once in a while lol why not....

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I feel bad when I buy something and then I don't use it or I realise I didn't need it. Even if it costed little money. Luckily I am quite good at researching and normally I get it right.

The iPad costed me a little fortune but I haven't felt bad about it once. It has been a great purchase. And although there are some things I don't like about it, the truth is that I get a lot out of it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I feel bad when I buy something and then I don't use it or I realise I didn't need it. Even if it costed little money. Luckily I am quite good at researching and normally I get it right.

The iPad costed me a little fortune but I haven't felt bad about it once. It has been a great purchase. And although there are some things I don't like about it, the truth is that I get a lot out of it.

If I find that I don't immediately integrate a new device into regular use, I return it. I figure if it's useful, it should be obvious. For stuff I've bought and lose interest in, because something better comes along, I give away or repurpose the devices. By then, I should've gotten my money's worth.

I have an e-ink Kindle that I never use now, for example, because I prefer backlighting. But I used that Kindle like crazy before I got my first iPad, and I now keep the Kindle for backup in case of power outage or if I need a reader for outdoors (though that's rare). I had another Kindle e-ink that went to a thrilled new owner, and my spare iPad 1 went to a college kid who's still happily using it. My husband's iPad 1 went to another good home, where it would get more use, and he's using my iPhone 3G to stream radio/podcasts while he cooks. So we don't feel guilty, because we made others really happy with devices they couldn't afford, or we're still getting use out of the devices.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I must be a bit odd then because i'm still really happy with my ipad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts