What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some serious help guys...

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I jailbroke my Ipad 2 WiFi only. I went very well..
After the jailbreak I decided to find some awrsome cydia tweaks.
I found one, and install it, which went well until it resprang.
My Ipad is now kept in a respring loop. I cant do anything... Or yes, I have maked a hard reset (home+sleep for 10 sec.??) - I couldnt turn off the Ipad normaly...
I have tried to restore it, but I cant download the firmware... Itunes says that its a network error - Is it a network error? Og has it something to do with the other thing?
Can anyone give me the link to the "Ipad 2 Wifi IOS 5.0.1" download link? So I can try it that way....

Anyone who can help?
Thank you!

- I dont know if I have posted this thread the right place...
But please help me :)

Emilronnow

OP
E

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Foldersinfolder - But I think its because it dosent support IOS 5.0.1...
I really dont know what to do...

Last edited:
OP
E

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an idea what to do? :)
I hate when something like this happens... Im always getting so damn nervous...

OP
E

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made it... thank god! last time I install something I am not sure at...

OP
E

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This same thing keeps happening when i use REMOVE BACKGROUND...i just uninstalled it from cydia...dont know why its not working!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
This same thing keeps happening when i use REMOVE BACKGROUND...i just uninstalled it from cydia...dont know why its not working!

I haven't had any problems with it at all... Working on both iPad and iPhone.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is it a good thing to keep OPEN ssh installed on ipad? i mean does it hurt it anyway?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. OpenSSH is a good thing to have. Primarily, people use it to access the iPad via FTP or SSH software from their Macs or PCs (like Putty or WinSCP for Windows ... don't know the Mac names). It's very handy.

In addition, if something were to go wrong with the iPad, such as it's stuck in a boot, having OpenSSH might mean you have a little tunnel or a window of time to access it via your computer and fix the problem. By default, it's always on after a power up, restart or reset, so it may save you one day. You never know.

The one thing you want to do with OpenSSH is change your root and mobile passwords when you first install OpenSSH. As everyone has the default, it would be very easy for someone to get into your system while you have it on. So, change the passwords - first thing!

After that, you're fine to keep OpenSSH on your iPad - and keep it on.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Most reactions