What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need more storage

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
I am new to apple os and iPad. My iPad2 16GB was a gift. I am nearly out of space and want to know if i can add on or buy more storage. I loaded up my outlook pst file through pst mail and it is 8GB. Help! I will un-sync my pst file if that's the only solution.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to apple os and iPad. My iPad2 16GB was a gift. I am nearly out of space and want to know if i can add on or buy more storage. I loaded up my outlook pst file through pst mail and it is 8GB. Help! I will un-sync my pst file if that's the only solution.

There's no direct way of adding additional storage - so, for example, you can't add memory modules or USB Flash memory drives. There are some external storage solutions available but they're probably not what you're looking for - typically WiFi discs etc. The easiest way may be to use cloud storage - such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk or DropBox - because you then have that additional storage available wherever you are. None of the solutions is ideal though, so un-sync'ing the pst file may be the best option.

Tim

IanM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two ways to manage storage on the iPad are to use cloud storage like Box.net, which I is a cheaper solution than the Seagate drive, and to use home sharing to stream your music and movies to the iPad rather than have your entire collection on it. This can be really handy if you mainly use your iPad at home.

But 8 GB for a mail file does seem a bit of a sacrifice.

OP
T

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Thanks everyone! I did some research and was able to reduce my pst file to 2gb! Yay!!! Even though I still would like more space its not a necessity. outlook was my real problem. ;-)

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you choose to jailbreak you could do as I do and hook a 1TB (or larger) external drive to your iPad through the camera connection kit. The only requirements are that it be externally powered and be formatted as fat32.

OP
T

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Munky said:
If you choose to jailbreak you could do as I do and hook a 1TB (or larger) external drive to your iPad through the camera connection kit. The only requirements are that it be externally powered and be formatted as fat32.

I don't want to carry anything extra around but thanks for the advice!

Most reactions