What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Computer Control App Development

deviljames68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a student in the UK studying Music Technology and I want to make an iPad or iPhone app as supporting material for my University dissertation. The app I want to make would be a series of buttons to control a piece of music recording software. Basically, if you press record on the app the software starts recording, if you press stop it stops etc. I'm new to programming and although ive joined the Apple Development Programme and read through loads of documentation i'm still very confused as to where I would even start a project like this. If you think you can help me I would be very grateful to hear from you. I am not after someone to make this for me but rather teach me the different areas that I would need to cover.

Thanks,

James

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
pick up an iphone programing book.

Your going to need to learn how to:

#1 make a program that runs on the computer, communicates with the iphone app and then performs the requested actions.
#2 iphone app that communicates over the network and connects to the program on your PC.

Basic/intro iphone programming books wont have the networking part.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts