What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help getting pointed in right direction IPad 1

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a first gen iPad since release, After all this time I've finally decided to JB the thing. I have purchased the Zagg Mate BT Keyboard/Case and installed Cydia My questions are as follows.

1) Is there over clocking capabilities with a JB device, if so where can I get started?

2) I have installed the BTMouse Stack from Cydia, but cannot get it working with the BT mouse I have.

3) What else can be done for this device once JB has been applied?

4) Does bluetooth only allow 1 connection at a time, if so is there anything available to be able to connect multiple devices?

Although I am not a beginner with modding devices (coming from Android) I am in a new learning process with this iPad and what it's abilities/capabilities are.

Thanks in advance :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post from 'General Discussions' to 'Hacking' as I thought it more appropriate to that section of the Forum.

Hope this was OK.

Tim

slimshotty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a first gen iPad since release, After all this time I've finally decided to JB the thing. I have purchased the Zagg Mate BT Keyboard/Case and installed Cydia My questions are as follows.

1) Is there over clocking capabilities with a JB device, if so where can I get started?

2) I have installed the BTMouse Stack from Cydia, but cannot get it working with the BT mouse I have.

4) Does bluetooth only allow 1 connection at a time, if so is there anything available to be able to connect multiple devices?

Although I am not a beginner with modding devices (coming from Android) I am in a new learning process with this iPad and what it's abilities/capabilities are.

1.) There are two Cydia apps which speed up the animation making it seem like your device is running faster. Speed Intensifier and FakeClockUp

2.) Not all Bluetooth mice are supported with BTStack Mouse.

3.) There are tons of things that can be done once your device is jailbroken. Fortunately, you have come to the right forum to find those answers and I wouldn't want to spoil your fun in finding those tidbits of information.

4.) You can connect more than one device at a time. I have connected the Apple wireless keyboard and the Apple Magic Mouse at the same time. You can also purchase the Apple Camera Kit to connect USB devices like headphones, keyboards, etc.

My suggestion to you before asking any more questions is to do your due diligence in becoming familiar with the 'search' feature of this or any other forum. You will be able to find 98% of your answers by doing a simple search. In the event that you don't find the answer you are looking for, then you may turn to the pro's for help.

I hope I have answered most of your questions and welcome to the forums. We are always glad to see people finally making the right choice and moving from Android to iDevices. :D

-slimshotty

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

1. FakeClockUp ~ pseudo overclock, only speeds up animations.
2. Did you go thru settings and try to connect BT mouse which won't work. You should have a mouse icon on your springboard and use this to connect mouse.
3. Click the link in my sig ;)
4. As far as hooking up BT keyboard & mouse simultaneously....I believe there is a tweak in cydia to allow this but can't think of it atm.

Happy modding!

OP
M

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found much of what I needed since posting on cydia, and thank you for the assistance. One other question is for the lagging browser with pages goiing transparent while flick scrolling. I noticed there this has been all but eliminated in iPad 2, are there any safari specific hacks to correct this. This seems like the only thing I cannot find support on.

Thanks in advance

OP
M

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find speed intensifier or fake clock up, what repository are on? BTW you guys are awesome !!!!

OP
M

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
never mind I found it......Android forums are not this well organized....lol

OP
M

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and if I have the Camera Connection Kit with this allow a external webcam to run with 1st Gen Ipad via the usb? Or is the voltage not high enough to power the unit?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mrksbrd said:
Oh and if I have the Camera Connection Kit with this allow a external webcam to run with 1st Gen Ipad via the usb? Or is the voltage not high enough to power the unit?

I don't think you'll get any webcam working with the CCK, sorry. Not enough juice nor any drivers AFAIK...

Most reactions

Latest posts