What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My son just got a 1st gen ipad!

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 11yo Autistic son was blessed by an early Christmas angel this year in the form of a perfect stranger named Jason who works at a local tech company. They upgraded their fleet of iPads and gave him an original 32gb 3G iPad FOR FREE! So thankful and plan to pay it forward!

Words can't express how thankful we are! There was no way we could afford to buy him one.
Commence with the learning fun!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
My 11yo Autistic son was blessed by an early Christmas angel this year in the form of a perfect stranger named Jason who works at a local tech company. They upgraded their fleet of iPads and gave him an original 32gb 3G iPad FOR FREE! So thankful and plan to pay it forward!

Words can't express how thankful we are! There was no way we could afford to buy him one.
Commence with the learning fun!

What a kind gesture! I'm sure your son will have a fine time using his new iPad.

Have you seen this thread in our special needs forum?
http://www.ipadforums.net/special-n...-needs-autism-adhd-learning-disabilities.html

Last edited:
OP
N

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I will definately check it out!

He doesn't have a favorite app yet. He likes to read, so I venture the reading apps will be tops. We have utilized some apps for learning in the past on my device, like state capitals & math jumbles. I know they used them at school with letting him know what comes next in his schedule or the steps to do something, like put on your coat. They also used a random self attention checker that sounded a tone and he had to input a series of numbers to show he was paying attention between tones. His focus is often an issue with many things, so the tone app was useful! I need to find that one for sure!

Yes, the kindness of people sometimes is absolutely amazing! We will pay it forward when things are better for us. Right now, things are very very tight. But we will!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great story. Hope your son enjoys his iPad. Don't forget we are here if he has any questions. Feel free to ask them on his behalf.

Most reactions