What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my son asked me a question and can anyone in the military answer it

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son who is Afghanistan asked my a question about a battie device that allows you to power the ipad for a very long time ..he been seening a lot of them lately over there beening used by personal to power the personal electronic devices that they carry with them

Does anyone knows what type of power pack that he is talking about ???

Any help here on the idea he says flat squared unit that is about 6.inchs long -x-4.inchs wide-x-1.inch thick and it will power the ipad for a week of heavy use ..

He is wanting to get one to give it to a friend as a gift who lost his when it was destoryed ..

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that'll power the iPad for a week, but I have seen something called a "HyperMac" that will work for several days.

It is usually available here and there for between $60 and $100. I don't know the battery strength rating, but it'll go several days of heavy use. The version we were using connected via cable to the dock connection of the iPad, but there were rumours at the time that they were designing one that would connect securely to the dock connector without a cable.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the info ..i get one and send it over to him through the mail service

Seanreit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In their situation, I would get a 12volt gel cell battery and a cheap 12 volt battery charger (the kind an Remote Control hobbyist would use to charge a "flight box" battery. Then get an Iphone Car charger and either get a 12 volt powered ciggarette lighter adapter at radio shack, or just hack the Iphone car charger and wire the leads to the battery with solder. This type of setup would give a week of charging the ipad no problem and cost less than 30 dollars. It's absolutely what I would do if I was stuck on long patrols and I was able to take a gel cell battery with me. If you need links to my ideas, let me know.

Most reactions

Latest posts