What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Solution for iPad Notetaking

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After trying out a ton of apps, I like the results and features of just using Pages (iWork) and SketchBook Pro the best.

333023e9.jpg

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to use the iPad as digital voice recorder?

Not a digital voice recorder but soundpaper seems to offer a mix of note taking and voice recording. Anyone use it?

No, never hear of it before. I thought that the iPad would be a great incognito voice recorder though and could come in handy in certain situations.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sundry Notes allows you to record while typing notes and embedding symbols and such...

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally decided on Paperdesk. I like that you can switch between text and freehand drawing easily in the same document. Its very similar to Journal on the TabletPC is you have ever used that.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Penultimate for short names and numbers but it really doesn't cut it for serious notetaking.

Been using Note Taker HD for a week now and really like the app for making serious pages of notes and sketches. It's basically a split screen so you can finger write on the lower half and the notes are shrunk and echoed on the top half.

It's the nearest I've found to taking lecture notes. Best of all it works with my big fingers as I wouldn't be able to keep a stylus for long.
Check out the videos on Youtube to see how it works.
Just a clever solution to the problem of writing on the pad.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally decided on Paperdesk. I like that you can switch between text and freehand drawing easily in the same document. Its very similar to Journal on the TabletPC is you have ever used that.

I would agree. You can type your notes and then add pen gestures and highlighting if necessary. You can also sync PaperDesk to a web based account that allows access from your PC - printing and saving as a pdf, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts