What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Problems Since Upgrading.

Croths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't like the look, so plain and bare looking, but that's not so important.
The install went very smoothly, I was lucky compared to some here. But what does bug me is the crashing with certain pages, ones that ran fine before. I use an interactive map site as I read the game of thrones books, just won't work now, starts to load then crashes. In Mail any emails that are only partially downloaded will not download when I push the link at the bottom, just can't read them now. That's all so far, not too bad compared to some but two very annoying ones for me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to do a reset of the iPad? It usually helps to do one after an install of a new iOS; it helps to "settle in" the software.

To do (apologies if you know): Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that'll clear some of your issues.

Marilyn

OP
C

Croths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, and I didn't know how to do it :O), but unfortunately it didn't clear my two problems.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the map site an app, or through Safari (or another web browser)? If Safari, go to Settings > Safari and try clearing Cookies and Data. (you'll have to sign back into sites that normally remember you).

If it's an app, try deleting it and downloading again; but only if it does not have important personal data stored in it.

For Mail, I dunno. Double check the settings to make sure it's set to download inline images in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Look over the other settings too, just in case. You can also try deleting and re-adding your account. That's been known to clear up email problems, though this would be a first for the symptoms you are having.

Also, because it may be a network thing, try forgetting your network in Settings > Wi-Fi (select the active network). Before you connect again restart your router. Sign in again and see what happens.

Good luck.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only problem with iOS 7 on my iPad 4G, is the battery! It used to last for long and now it lasts only 1 day. I've done all the tricks that I've found on the internet but still not happy! Hope it will be an iOS 7.1

OP
C

Croths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did what you suggested with no improvement I'm afraid. The website is - quartermaester.info - it worked fine on my iPad before the update on both Safari and Puffin, although very slightly choppy in puffin. It won't even load in Safari now but in Puffin it will load but will do nothing more, I can't pinch, slide, or enlarge the map, just won't move.
I too am beginning to see a fast drain on my battery like some others have mentioned. All in all I wish I had not upgraded, but I appreciate the help offered here, thank you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did what you suggested with no improvement I'm afraid. The website is - quartermaester.info - it worked fine on my iPad before the update on both Safari and Puffin, although very slightly choppy in puffin. It won't even load in Safari now but in Puffin it will load but will do nothing more, I can't pinch, slide, or enlarge the map, just won't move. I too am beginning to see a fast drain on my battery like some others have mentioned. All in all I wish I had not upgraded, but I appreciate the help offered here, thank you.

I just tried to load the site (map) on iOS 7 and got the same result as you did. I then tried on my iPad 2 which is still running iOS 6 and it loaded fine. So my only suggestion is to contact the man who produced it, I understand that he is called Mountain Goat and he can be contacted through his website here www.sermountaingoat.co.uk

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried to load the site (map) on iOS 7 and got the same result as you did. I then tried on my iPad 2 which is still running iOS 6 and it loaded fine. So my only suggestion is to contact the man who produced it, I understand that he is called Mountain Goat and he can be contacted through his website here www.sermountaingoat.co.uk The Archangel
Same here, it just crashes to the home screen.

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem I see so far since the upgrade:
- My Verizon.net mail box crashed twice.
- I have 3,500 old mails in my Inbox.
- The deleted mails keep coming back.
- Many apps no longer work (that I believe developers have not caught up with IOS 7 yet).
- Don't like the look of IOS 7.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only problem with iOS 7 on my iPad 4G, is the battery! It used to last for long and now it lasts only 1 day. I've done all the tricks that I've found on the internet but still not happy! Hope it will be an iOS 7.1

Try turning off Background App Refresh in Settings.app

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys it is important to note it will take time for your non apple Apps to be upgraded. So please be patient. If you have issues with a particular app contact the developer by email and I Am sure you will get a heads up on the time line for upgrades. Personally I am averaging some 30 plus updates a day on both devices
Hope that helps

OP
C

Croths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much Gabriel1 and Scifan57 for testing the site for me, greatly appreciated. I will contact the author and let him know the problem.

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, please let us know how you get on. The Archangel

Not exactly along the same lines, but I am receiving following message every time i open an app...it's driving me crazy. How can I eliminate it?
"Connect to I-Tunes to use push notifications. "

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly along the same lines, but I am receiving following message every time i open an app...it's driving me crazy. How can I eliminate it? "Connect to I-Tunes to use push notifications. "
Backup your iPad and restore it.

Most reactions

Latest posts