What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new ipad restarts every day

milligator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi.
since i have updated my new ipad's ios to version 6 ,it restarts in many programs such as face time,settins ,ibooks,foxit pdf,safari,puffin,...
some times the screen gets black and in the middle of the screen the circle rounds and after a few seconds it ask the password and the problem solves.
but some times a program closes automaticly and i reopen it , it does not run and closes again.then it restarts and after a few seconds apple sign appeares and takes about 20 to 30 seconds to ask enterance password.
i updated to6.0.1 and nothing changed.
therefore i restored it and i did not return the backup to the device.
i installed some programs and the problem appeared again.now i have 24 Gb free space
is there any hardware problem with my device?

my device is wifi 32 Gb 4g
is there any event viewer to see what happens to the device?
is there any way to test hardware?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to see the iPad diagnostics, go to Settings>General>About>Diagnostics&Usage>Diagnostic&Usage Data.

Last edited:
OP
M

milligator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no.i want something like windows event viewer. that shows the hardware and softwares errors.

OP
M

milligator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have attached a picture from my iTunes app.these are the apps witch I have installed on my new ipad

Attachments

• app2.jpg
    app2.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 345

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an impression from your OP that after a few programs were installed, the situation got bad. I just wonder if everything will get normal if those programs are uninstalled? Those applications would then be the guilty ones...

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In general settings>auto-lock, how many minutes is this set for? To be sure that you have no apps running in the background, do you close them in the task bar? (To open the task bar, use a 4 finger swipe up or double click the home button. Tap and hold any icon until you get a minus on each, then tap those to close the apps.)
Have you set a pass code? How many minutes do you have set before requiring a pass code?

OP
M

milligator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In general settings>auto-lock, how many minutes is this set for? To be sure that you have no apps running in the background, do you close them in the task bar? (To open the task bar, use a 4 finger swipe up or double click the home button. Tap and hold any icon until you get a minus on each, then tap those to close the apps.)
Have you set a pass code? How many minutes do you have set before requiring a pass code?

Auto lock is set to 5 minutes.
Yes i have set a pass code.It is set to an hour
I almost close the background apps.

OP
M

milligator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an impression from your OP that after a few programs were installed, the situation got bad. I just wonder if everything will get normal if those programs are uninstalled? Those applications would then be the guilty ones...

As i said, i have restored mine.i wanted not to install any thing after the restoration , but it does not have any thing. I can just run the safari.

Two days ago it restarted three times,
I was watching a movie and then i wanted to clear the screen and it guessed the four finger and went to another app.after i returned to the movie it restarted . I tested again to see if the problem persists but did not happen again.
Another time i was surfing this site with safari and suddenly safari closed.i started safari again and it restarted
I don't remember the third time
Now ,before i check this thread, i started safari and it did not distinguish my finger tap to enter url.and also it did not respond to five finger to close.i closed it by the home button.
I started opera and the same problem occurred.
I turned it off manually and every thing became ok

Most reactions

Latest posts