What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad2 is slowing down

wellyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's about a year old, has 5.4mb free and ios free, but it is slowing down. Apps take longer to open and respond.

Any tips?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wellyboy said:
It's about a year old, has 5.4mb free and ios free, but it is slowing down. Apps take longer to open and respond.

Any tips?

Hello wellyboy, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance stop in at the new members forum and introduce yourself. While there, read about the forum rules and how to take advantage of all the information found in the forum.

Regarding your specific problem, I suggest you double click the home button. This will pull up the shelf where all apps you used are residing, waiting for you to use again. Press an app until it jiggles, press the minus sign on each app until you empty your shelf of all apps with this minus sign. Then press home to get out of it. For good measure, reboot your iPad by pressing down the sleep button until you get the power off slider. Wait a couple of seconds, then press the home button until you get the Apple logo. This should get you back up to speed.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The above suggestion is helpful. I have found that my iPad has slowed because of a recent app I've installed. Sometimes deleting that app helps. They are usually still in your cloud if you need them for anything. Pare down your apps to the ones you frequently use. I avoid ad heavy apps myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts