What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my Ipad is completely dead

sinsemill78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad was working perfectly until i hooked it up to my new car stereo and it shut off and won't come back on. I tried charging it and nothing happened i also tried holding down the power button and home button at the same time and nothing, i even tried hooking it up to Itune and it didn't do any thing. I dont know what to do. It did it to my Ipod classic too. PLEASE HELP!!:confused:

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Ok, for starters, stop plugging in stuff to your car stereo if it ruins your devices! Now, with that out of the way, did you just plug in a headphone jack or a 3rd party 30pin connector.

If it's the latter of these two, the 3rd party connector you plugged in is faulty and, sadly enough, fried your iPad (and your iPod). You should be under warranty if it's the iPad 2. Bring it back and don't tell them about your car, just go with that it doesnt turn on..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad was working perfectly until i hooked it up to my new car stereo and it shut off and won't come back on. I tried charging it and nothing happened i also tried holding down the power button and home button at the same time and nothing, i even tried hooking it up to Itune and it didn't do any thing. I dont know what to do. It did it to my Ipod classic too. PLEASE HELP!!:confused:

One last possible suggestion - you say you've held down the Power and Home buttons - but for how long? Try holding them down a long time - let's say at least 20 seconds - and see if the white Apple logo appears. If it doesn't then I agree with Max (I have to anyway, he's my boss!!)

Tim

OP
S

sinsemill78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 1st gen. I'm not sure about the connector but it's one that connects to the bottom like the charger. So do you really think there fried?

Most reactions

Latest posts