What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My friend has 7 ipads, would you say thats overkill?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64GB 3G Black ipad 1 (hes keeping it as a collectors item and gonna frame it in his wall)
64GB 3G black ipad 2 (keeps at work office)
64GB 3G white ipad 2 (mounted as his car deck)
64GB wifi black ipad 2 (for top floor master bedroom in house)
32GB wifi white ipad 2 (for main floor kitchen)
16GB wifi black ipad 2 (for basement)
64GB 3G white ipad 2 (for his 11yr old girl)

Yes hes rich and he wanted to minimize having to carry around an ipad with him so he bought enough for his needs and pretty much all are kept stationary.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
64GB 3G Black ipad 1 (hes keeping it as a collectors item and gonna frame it in his wall)

Yes hes rich and he wanted to minimize having to carry around an ipad with him so he bought enough for his needs and pretty much all are kept stationary.

One can never have too many iPads. 

That said, it sounds like he doesn't want to carry it around from place to place in his house, like the rest of us poor slobs do. If I were him, I'd just have one for my general use, one for my kid and then one attached to the back of my butler, servant, aide or whatever and have that person tag along wherever I go. Then I can say "Hey, shine my shoes. I wanna read the New York Times."

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two iPads, but I tend to use one at a time and carry it around, because I want to keep reading what I was reading, watching what I was watching, etc., without restarting and such. It'd actually be a pain for me to have to leave one iPad and start using another midstream. I have two only because I want the convenience of having one to use while the other is charging or synching. I don't see owning seven iPads as a plus, no matter how wealthy you are. But hey, that's me. If seven iPads make him happy, more power to him.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating

Updating and syncing all of them? Ouch! Perhaps the Butler does it? :D:D

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
*Now* we know why there's a world-wide shortage of iPads!! :D

Tim

:) :) Yes, I think you've cracked the supply issues Tim

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...Wow, that really is a lot of iPads. I only have 1 iPad, and that's already enough to suit my needs. 7 just boggles the mind!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, does his butler carry him around the house?

Since he can't carry his iPad from room to room, seems like he might not be able to carry his own weight.

:)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
Also, does his butler carry him around the house?

Since he can't carry his iPad from room to room, seems like he might not be able to carry his own weight.

:)

That Butler must be on a fantastic salary :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:

Imagine having to constantly sync seven devices. Way more bother than it's worth.

Most reactions