What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My email was hacked into:(

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess that's what you would call it. I have been getting emails all morning stating "your email has been returned"

54 so far. I never sent one of them. People are emailing me back and going off on me.:(. I don't even know who they are! These 54 emails all go to my spam folders on my computer, never saw them in my iPad, but my blackberry has no spam folders and is driving me crazy with this crap.

And I'm sick and never gonna get better.:(

Okay. Done feeling sorry for myself ~

I need a new email location. AOL is toast. Been there for years. What do you use? And I want to get all my contacts over to the new email with a click of the mouse.:D

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like your computer has a virus that has been sending messages to all your e-mail contacts.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are getting email from people you don't even know then it prolly wasn't your email account that got hacked, or a virus on your PC.... Your email address though has likely made it onto spammers/virus/zombie bot lists as a "from" address. So the bots are sending email as if it came from you... not much you can do about that now except hope for the best. :(

Michael

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are getting email from people you don't even know then it prolly wasn't your email account that got hacked, or a virus on your PC.... Your email address though has likely made it onto spammers/virus/zombie bot lists as a "from" address. So the bots are sending email as if it came from you... not much you can do about that now except hope for the best. :(

Michael

Exactly! As though it came from me! Lil shits.

Sounds like your computer has a virus that has been sending messages to all your e-mail contacts.

No, Bob my computer is fine. I don't know these people. They aren't my contacts. Well, now I guess they are.:mad:

Thanks, Danny! I think I am.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail is great about protecting your e-mails.also check into others areas of onine banking and personal data files on the computer there just to make sure this areas are safe also

also call your credit card company and see there has been 1.oo dollar amount test been done in the last 24 hours time frame if there has been a 1.oo dollar amount test amount get them to back trace where it was done at so the credit card companys and your bank can bring them to the local police for bring a case after them ..

also check with your people for it could be a hack to see something on your side of frence about the work you do so keep that in mind if you get my dift that one there Sweet ..someone was looking for info on someone or some case that you might have on computer ..

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail is great about protecting your e-mails.also check into others areas of onine banking and personal data files on the computer there just to make sure this areas are safe also

also call your credit card company and see there has been 1.oo dollar amount test been done in the last 24 hours time frame if there has been a 1.oo dollar amount test amount get them to back trace where it was done at so the credit card companys and your bank can bring them to the local police for bring a case after them ..

also check with your people for it could be a hack to see something on your side of frence about the work you do so keep that in mind if you get my dift that one there Sweet ..someone was looking for info on someone or some case that you might have on computer ..

I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds.

Michael

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds.

Michael

Yep, that...frustrating..

Oh and..yeah use gmail Marie!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds. Michael[/quote said:
iam allways thinking that people are up to no good anyway ..

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL!

Well to be sure this is not exactly a charity project. :)

But what happens is that the spammers/scammers and virus spreaders need email addresses that are not "tainted" and on any blacklists. They aren't interested in hacking into the account... they want an email addy that they know will make it through the gates to reach people.

This is why Marie got so many response: it got through!

But within the body of the email that was sent, on Marie's behalf, was, no doubt, some sort of link leading somewhere else. That was the true objective: to get people to follow that link. Or if an attachment was sent, to open it... but prolly not that as the attachment itself would have been a red flag for spam and virus checkers.

So for sure this wasn't caused by saints. :)

Michael

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Henry Henry Henry. Momma said there'd be days like this. No worries, there my friend.;)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are reading too much into this.

Michael

Just a tad.:D

. There are days like that! :)

Momma said.:D

LOL!

Well to be sure this is not exactly a charity project. :)

But what happens is that the spammers/scammers and virus spreaders need email addresses that are not "tainted" and on any blacklists. They aren't interested in hacking into the account... they want an email addy that they know will make it through the gates to reach people.

This is why Marie got so many response: it got through!

But within the body of the email that was sent, on Marie's behalf, was, no doubt, some sort of link leading somewhere else. That was the true objective: to get people to follow that link. Or if an attachment was sent, to open it... but prolly not that as the attachment itself would have been a red flag for spam and virus checkers.

So for sure this wasn't caused by saints. :)

Michael

A few of them stated there was link in the email ( and they actually clicked on it) that led them to a pharmacy in Canada!

WTF?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few of them stated there was link in the email ( and they actually clicked on it) that led them to a pharmacy in Canada!

WTF?

Yes that is very common spam. RX drugs in Canada either cheap or not so cheap without a true prescription. They just needed a clean email addy to get their spam through.

If nothing else take comfort in knowing it was prolly for spam not spreading a virus. :)

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts