What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ebay Page on Safari - Keeps Zooooooming Out?

Tasty Geezer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, This being my first post! I was wondering if anyone has a cure for an ipad problem I have encountered when using ebay on Safari using my ipad2?

When I go to ebay on Safari , I go to "my ebay" page and it keeps zooming out so much that the copy is tiny and I can't read it.

It realy is frustrating. I have downloaded the ebay app, and that's fine. But sometimes I want to use ebay on Safari.

Grrrrr

help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you accidently double tapping on text. If you do this while zoomed in, it will zoom out. To zoom it back in just double tap on the text you were reading again. Be carefull not to tap a link or picture.

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the same zoom out issue, i cant figure why either, it only happems on Ebay?

OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, i am not dbl tapping. Infact when ebay goes to 'my ebay" it suddenly starts to zoom out in increments until it is tiny? If I enlarge it, you have to keep swiping to the left or right as the page is too wide?

Grrrrr

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I checked it out. Does the same thing on mine.

My recomendation is to get Opera Mini and use that. It is free and seems to be immune. Also, complane to eBay. While it might be a error in Apples software it is more likely something non- standard on the site. Besides, they can probably fix it faster than Apple.

vvv Stuff you can safely ignore vvv

The culprit seems to be the Recently Purchased gadget at the bottom of the Summary page. Whenever you scroll down far enough to view it, the page resizes as it expands. More often than not Safari froze shortly after.

I tried both Atomic and iCab Mobile, so the problem is endemic to the iPads browser engine, and most third party browsers will fail too.

I then tried Puffin, one of the Flash browsers. Because it is esentially a remote desktop browser (probably running Firefox) it seems to work.

Because Opera Mini also does serverside stuff I finaly got arround to downloading it so I could test this. It also seems to work with the myebay summay page, and it is a lot faster. There are a few things about the browser that may take getting used to but I suspect you will like it in the end.

Nemesislee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple fix without having to use other browsers, when your "my eBay" page is loading pinch zoom a couple of times before it finishes loading. This works for me.

Auntycin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem
I found that if you tap the screen numerous times while it is loading at an open area
The screen will resize big and small several times and end up at a normal size after it finishes loading
Waiting for someone to one up with a better way.
Called eBay and the apple store, but neither knows why it does this, and neither as a solution.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some sites do this I've notice. It will zoom small until it's done loading and zoom normal when it's finished loading. I also notice on sites with large amounts of graphics and pics it will also do this.

Most reactions