What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My decal for the back...

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still need to get some transfer paper to help with aligning it correctly on the back of the iPad. Here is a design I did that I'm gonna cut out in removable vinyl on my wife's Cricut machine here in the next week or so.

stewieMockup.jpg

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the Cricut only dealt with predefined cartriges and that there was no way to use it with a computer!

I like that drawing, it's really funny!

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the Cricut only dealt with predefined cartriges and that there was no way to use it with a computer!

That is what Cricut WANTS! You gotta jailbreak that Cricut!!! =)

Check out Sure Cuts A Lot software! Allows you to cut ANYTHING on your Cricut without ever having to purchase another cartridge! We have never purchased a cartridge for her cricut besides the ones that came with it.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is what Cricut WANTS! You gotta jailbreak that Cricut!!! =)

Check out Sure Cuts A Lot software! Allows you to cut ANYTHING on your Cricut without ever having to purchase another cartridge! We have never purchased a cartridge for her cricut besides the ones that came with it.
Where do I find it, I'm interested?

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

here is the site to download/purchase it: LINK

And check out YouTube to see examples of people using it: LINK

For just the price of a couple of cartridges... it is WELL worth it! ANY font... ANY picture! That is the only reason we got the Cricut machine was when we noticed what we could do with it with the proper software.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

here is the site to download/purchase it: LINK

And check out YouTube to see examples of people using it: LINK

For just the price of a couple of cartridges... it is WELL worth it! ANY font... ANY picture! That is the only reason we got the Cricut machine was when we noticed what we could do with it with the proper software.
Wow! I never thought I'd find something that interesting here of all places!
I'm a cabinet maker and I often have to make stencils and patterns. Usual cutting CNCs are way overpriced. This is the perfect little device.

Thank you brobar, I really appreciate it!:)

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I never thought I'd find something that interesting here of all places!
I'm a cabinet maker and I often have to make stencils and patterns. Usual cutting CNCs are way overpriced. This is the perfect little device.

Thank you brobar, I really appreciate it!:)

hehe... no problem. Glad I could help! :cool:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There could be a good business in clear plastic protectors for the aluminum back with a variety of designs and cartoons. Especially ones that could inexpensively be replaced every few weeks.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is AWESOME!! My wife already has a Cricut. Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for the info!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very Cool!

I would bet you could make a little money selling custom decals if you wanted to. I would love to have my own one-of-kind decal for my iPad.

Can't wait to see some pics of the results.

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very Cool!

I would bet you could make a little money selling custom decals if you wanted to. I would love to have my own one-of-kind decal for my iPad.

Can't wait to see some pics of the results.

hehe... if only I had the time!

There are plenty of people on Etsy who do exactly that though... use their cricuts to cut out decals just like this and them sell them for $10-$20 a pop. I'm sure since they are doing it for revenue that they may be willing to do some custom jobs if you inquired. The cutting is the easy part and the materials cost next to nothing ($3 a yard for the vinyl). The prepping the image is the time-consuming part.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still need to get some transfer paper to help with aligning it correctly on the back of the iPad. Here is a design I did that I'm gonna cut out in removable vinyl on my wife's Cricut machine here in the next week or so.

stewieMockup.jpg

Brobar, you are really talented , you can convert your self as a cartoonist

Most reactions

Latest posts