What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My battery was fully charged when i recieved my ipad?

larslars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. Usually electronic devices ships with 40% charged batteries. When I got mine it was fully charged. Is this how it is?

L

Lunar

Hello. Usually electronic devices ships with 40% charged batteries. When I got mine it was fully charged. Is this how it is?

One can only assume that all new iPads are given a charge at the factory, or perhaps the batteries are already partly charged when fitted, but it's unlikely that every new iPad will be showing the same % charge, as no two batteries will be exactly the same.

I think mine was at around 70%. Assuming your's was indeed brand new with it's proper sealed shrink wrapping, then all is well.. it's likely a good indication that you possibly have quite a good battery in yours...in that it's holding its charge well. However, if one had a suspicious nature, and it was not a sealed new unit then it may indicate that someone else has given it a full charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

larslars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for comment. It was sealed when I purchased it, so I guess I'm fine. It was also purchased at rather serious store in norway. But I know batteries keep their capacity best if you store them at 40%.

Lars

DSW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad from the apple store came fully charged so I think it's quite common

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make the most of your fully charged battery, because it last all of 5 minutes on the new ipad ! The battery life is rubbish

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noel1 said:
Make the most of your fully charged battery, because it last all of 5 minutes on the new ipad ! The battery life is rubbish

"Rubbish" you say? :)

Not quite that bad. I would say approx 70-80% of previous gen iPads.

For the OP, both of our new iPads came with 92% charge on the battery.

Cheers

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My launch iPad (3rd Gen) came in at 85%. My second one three weeks later came in it at 95%.

I think Apple learned from the iPad 2 that they should ship them as close to a full charge as possible due to having to activate the 3G/LTE side when purchased.

LesleyAnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad which I bought direct from Apple Store UK arrived with around 93% charge if I'm remembering right. Almost fully charged. I was surprised, and quite happy, as I could start 'playing' with it right away. Nice as most devices arrive mostly discharged and take hours to charge up before you can use them and I'll admit to being a tad impatient especially if it's something I've wanted for a long time and been looking forward to getting.

As for battery life I get great battery life esp. in comparison to other mobile devices I own. I tend to charge it at night giving it plenty of time to charge up. Which also seems pretty quick, was expecting it to take ages given reviews on line but as I didn't own a previous generation maybe it is a lot slower to recharge, and I have yet to run out of battery life while using it even on days I've been using it for hours that day.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow I had no idea the battery lasted only 5 minutes. Time must be moving slowly because these past 5 minutes off the charger have felt like at least 2 days. Maybe it's just me.

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously ive found that since ive had this new ipad its permanantly plugged into a socket on charge, the battery life on my ipad 1 was much better, to be honest i wish i never bought this new ipad and kept my ipad 1 because it aint all its cracked up to be.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was about 90% charged when I received it from apple.com. It takes 4 hours or less to charge it to 100% and I routinely get around 9 hours use from a full charge. Very favorably compares with my previous iPad 2 and my original iPad.

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new iPad battery is crap I've always got a plugged into the wall

jeffturn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD2 and I thought the battery life was terrible when I first got it. It turned out that some apps use the battery faster than others. Apps like Safari and those that use Wi-fi are real hogs and suck the battery really fast. What I do now is use those apps almost on a schedule. Also Apple recommends that at least once a month the battery be drained to a very low percentage, like less than 10% and then be fully charged.

I hope this information helps

Most reactions

Latest posts