What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
please can some1 tell me how to send music from my computer (PC windows 7) to ipad? BTW when i synce everything is automaticlly delating from my ipad and i lose all my saves and apps, idk why that happens and i need different way to do this.

martyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
please can some1 tell me how to send music from my computer (PC windows 7) to ipad? BTW when i synce everything is automaticlly delating from my ipad and i lose all my saves and apps, idk why that happens and i need different way to do this.
First of all a disclaimer: I don't have my I-Pad yet (still researching/saving up) but I had a discussion with a colleague about this very subject today.

If I have it down correctly, I-Tunes will show an icon on your PC when the I-Pad is connected to your PC (either physically or via Bluetooth). Anything you drag to that folder (music, pictures, etc) will be copied to your I-Pad.

The reverse therefore, should also be true, you can open the I-Pad icon and copy it to your PC.

Now, with regard to synching, I would think it's like any other electronic device; you can set who wins, PC, I-Pad, or a push. Sounds like your PC is winning and deleting anything from your I-Pad that is not on your PC.

Perhaps someone who actually has an I-Pad and a Windows 7 PC could chime in here ;)

OP
L

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, everything and I mean everything is about iTunes. Everything works thru iTunes.
Actually not iTunes is the secsond worst thing that apple made! its so confusing.
*The first thing is mac book xD

Thanks martyh i'll try it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps someone who actually has an I-Pad and a Windows 7 PC could chime in here ;)
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, and with all due respect, you should download the free iPad User Guide and spend some "quality time" reading it and before giving out any more mis-information about how it works. This will give you a much better understanding about how to get content to and from your iPad and your computer.

Here is the link: Apple - Support - Manuals

Last edited:

martyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry you're not getting any help Loxem. Once I get my iPad I will let you know what I experience.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess I'm confused, I have Windows 7 and have itunes on that computer. I have all of my music in itunes, 23G worth. I sync my iPad to my computer and my music is on my iPad. You have to have everything checked correctly in itunes but I don't understand, can it get any easier?

OP
L

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah but when i sync anything to my ipad it automaticly delate EVERYTHING!

OP
L

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadh.png
See???

OP
L

Loxem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought my ipad july 4th 2010 yes it is jail broken, but i saw people had music with jailbreak.

BTW i spend shit money on ipad and i dont have anymore to buy apps.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just one of the reasons NOT to jailbreak because you are basically on your own. There is no warranty. There is no factory support. If it does not work as promised, there is no one to complain to and you are SOL. Sorry!

Most reactions

Latest posts