What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Queuing App

mlsred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a music queuing app, something that can be used at parties for friends to add their favourite tracks to a playlist that is created on the fly... The issue I have is that my music is in the cloud (ITunes Match) and not in my iPad. I have tried a few apps like tunedrop, jukebox, oncue pro....

Although tunedrop does work to a point it locks up and freezes and the music queue disappears, the others don’t work at all as the music is not on the iPad. I don't have the space on my iPad for my music collection but wanted to have access to it all.

If I just use the built in music app on the iPad it plays the music from the cloud with no issue, the music will download an play from the cloud without any real delay. I have a fast broadband connection. However, that limits me to the usual paylists, genius mixes and doesn’t allow people to select the tracks and queue them...

Is there an app out there that will allow me to queue music on my iPad that will work with iTunes match?

Cheers
Michael

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried the iTunes Jukebox functionality? I'm not sure how it works with Match, but it does exactly what you want in conjunction with the iTunes library on your computer.

It works best using the Remote app for iTunes, and have your music play from your computer to your speakers/stereo as this keeps your iPad free to move around and accept playlist requests during the party.

Most reactions