What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music & multitasking

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad 2 user - curious if I can really multi task by listening to music or podcasts while say entering this thread.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes.. But it depends on the app you're using.. Most apps will play music in the background. The iPod app that comes with the iPod will do this.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but how?
I was just listening to a podcast in the iPod app & the sound cut off.
( as soon as I double push the home button, the sound stops).
Thx

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but how?
I was just listening to a podcast in the iPod app & the sound cut off.
( as soon as I double push the home button, the sound stops).
Thx
You can listen to the iPad's iPod audio content (including podcasts) while using most other apps (Safari for example). You cannot listen to video content (like a video podcast) and use another app because the video must run concurrently...meaning anything else that takes over the iPad's screen will halt the video.

Hope that helps and let us know if that's what you're experiencing.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, yep they were video podcasts I was watching/listening too.
I do not have any audio synced to my iPad- all music is on my iPod (if your asking why- 1. to save space on the iPad & 2. (more importantly) the iPod fits in my pocket.

Thanks - take care.

Most reactions

Latest posts