What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music files on my iPad

lotus_7_s3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way that I can download and play music files on my iPad without involving iTunes in any way, shape, or form?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodreader from the App Store ($4.99)

Using itunes is the best way even if they are none itunes store music.

Why people fear itunes is just senseless.

Last edited:
OP
L

lotus_7_s3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a fear of iTunes. I just don't like having to go through iTunes to transfer music to my iPad. Plus, I don't like the iPod GUI to listen to my music files. Other than that i LOVE my iPad.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lotus_7_s3 said:
It's not a fear of iTunes. I just don't like having to go through iTunes to transfer music to my iPad. Plus, I don't like the iPod GUI to listen to my music files. Other than that i LOVE my iPad.

Going through iTunes to get anything on your iPad really is the easiest way to do so. As for you not liking the GUI, this can be resolved by downloading one of the various music apps on the store, I've heard some are quite brilliant!

Sent via iPF from my iPad.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iExplorer maybe? You can only transfer music to and from directly into your Music/iPod app on your devices through iTunes. You can download them back into another computer through iExplorer. You can listen to them as well. Basically iExplorer uses an iTunes foundation but doesn't actually have the iTunes UI and all.

D

dvdcatalyst

Is there any way that I can download and play music files on my iPad without involving iTunes in any way, shape, or form?

There are plenty of music apps that will let you do that, but due to the way that individual apps run in their own little space, songs you add will only be available inside those apps. If you want to play your songs using a different player, you will have to re-add your songs to that player.

If you use iTunes to transfer your songs and videos etc over, they will end up in an area on your iPad that can be accessed by other players, so you can switch players when you find a better one without having to re-add all your music again.

Rory Buckley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would personally never choose anything but iTunes to download & play music... always reliable & trustworthy.

Most reactions