What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Ipad2 Options?

Clueless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I have a number of staff that I am providing ipads for. I have run into a problem with setting them up vs the inevitable usage requirements the staff will no doubt wish, and I am curious as to everyone's points of view, whether they are good or bad.

Here are my issues;

Itunes

I can set up all ipads to sync with my own account. That way apps such as Evernote, dropbox, penultimate etc can all sync so that i can provide task lists to staff for action in real time sync (not tied to desk sync which is important).

On the down side, I understand that staff will want to install personal apps and that means either I allow it and provide my account password or refuse it.

Alternatively I can set up a generic work account in itunes. I understand that I have to either use a separate computer or create a new user account on a computer to do this. Creating a new user account is not ideal as we already have issues with password security.

The plus side is that a generic account would allow all users to have the same access on their own computers. The down side is that the apps do not all like to link to multiple users.

Is there anyone using multiple ipads and similar apps that can offer opinions or suggestions please?

Cheers

REPAIRTECH.IE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multi user environment on an ipad

Try Switch ~ multi-user. It will at least sort out browsing issue .
Michael

Hello

I have a number of staff that I am providing ipads for. I have run into a problem with setting them up vs the inevitable usage requirements the staff will no doubt wish, and I am curious as to everyone's points of view, whether they are good or bad.

Here are my issues;

Itunes

I can set up all ipads to sync with my own account. That way apps such as Evernote, dropbox, penultimate etc can all sync so that i can provide task lists to staff for action in real time sync (not tied to desk sync which is important).

On the down side, I understand that staff will want to install personal apps and that means either I allow it and provide my account password or refuse it.

Alternatively I can set up a generic work account in itunes. I understand that I have to either use a separate computer or create a new user account on a computer to do this. Creating a new user account is not ideal as we already have issues with password security.

The plus side is that a generic account would allow all users to have the same access on their own computers. The down side is that the apps do not all like to link to multiple users.

Is there anyone using multiple ipads and similar apps that can offer opinions or suggestions please?

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts