What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr President, Sign My iPad!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-5stsUxag[/ame]​

Yesterday an enterprising iPad owner called Sylvester Cann managed to get President Obama to sign his iPad when the President appeared at a rally in Seattle at the University of Washington. Cann explains in detail exactly what happened and how he managed to pull off such a feat in the description underneath the video on YouTube, saying, among other things “It was kinda funny because he looked up and gave me a big grin afterwards as if he thought it was pretty cool too.”

Two things that I really like about this story, firstly the fact that Sylvester, in typical iPad fan fashion, is thoughtful enough to provide the name of the app (Adobe Ideas) that enabled the President to sign the iPad, for all of us enquiring iPad owners out here who always like to know that sort of thing, and secondly, one of the comments underneath the YouTube video that says “I guess he didn’t sign Galaxy tab”! Actually, I just thought of two more really cool things about this story - the fact that the event occurred in Seattle, home of Microsoft, and that the app was made by Adobe!

Source: Sylvester Cann, via The Guardian

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Woman! Great story!

I saw Judge Pirro, whom I never watch, use an iPad today on her show. I so love to see that.

Sometimes I can only tell it is an iPad by the home button!:eek:

AkainePSP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Woman! Great story!

I saw Judge Pirro, whom I never watch, use an iPad today on her show. I so love to see that.

Sometimes I can only tell it is an iPad by the home button!:eek:

They are also using an iPad in the CBS series The Good Wife.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would've been especially bad had he accidentally used the etch-a-sketch app...

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw an iPad being used in CSI: NY (in a previously recorded episode:).

Personally though, I don't think I'd want a digitally captured copy of the President's signature...especially with the SS knowing about it.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I got Obama's signature in a copy of his most recent book. He was my local state rep, then state senator, then senator before running for president. I have since moved from Chicago, but he was a neighborhood guy for quite a while. First time I met him in 96-97 I came home and told my wife he was going to run for president some day.

I should have sold my copy of the book before he was elected. Then it was worth about $400 on ebay. I am sure it is not quite as much now. Probably need to hold on to it for a while and it might go back up again.

Most reactions

Latest posts