What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving files without installing clients on windows pc

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got the iPad a few weeks ago and I did not yet solved the problem: I don't want / cannot install clients on my window pc as it belongs to my company and I have to stick to quite strict rules to ensure data security. So how do I move files from this Pc to my iPad through USB port ? (passing through Internet, mail or Dropbox, is too slow). Thanks !
Tony

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tony61 said:
Hi guys, I got the iPad a few weeks ago and I did not yet solved the problem: I don't want / cannot install clients on my window pc as it belongs to my company and I have to stick to quite strict rules to ensure data security. So how do I move files from this Pc to my iPad through USB port ? (passing through Internet, mail or Dropbox, is too slow). Thanks !
Tony

Dropbox and other third party apps work but I've noticed that folks still find them not as robust as they would like.

Without iTunes you are really handcuffing yourself. Don't you have a laptop or home PC that can host it?

I would add I have input as related to our corporate desktop polices and iTunes is allowed because so many iPads are now being used on a BYOD (bring your own device) level. Check with your admins, they may surprise you.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I did ask to my administration and they gave me a special permission for itunes , problem solved !

I got a bad surprise downloading my first not for free app: I bought for 2,99 file app pro. Great app, I really needed, I can interface directly through that app when I port my files between ituns in my pc and my ipad. BUT I got charged an additional 1,99 euro ! You have an idea Why that happened ? How should I complain ?
Tony

Most reactions

Latest posts