What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moved to Singapore and have an Australian iTunes account

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have moved to Singapore and have an Aust iTunes account. I have Apple TV connected to my TV and want to rent a movie but it is coming up with error message "This apple I'd is only valid for purchases in the Australian iTunes Store"

Does that mean I have to create a Singapore iTunes account separately to hire movies?

Any help much appreciated

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have 3 choices
1 switch to Australia in iTunes accounts and use aus account
2 create a Singapore account maybe use redeem Singapore iTunes card and use Singapore address

3 create a USA account using usaiTunes cards (pm me for details ). Us address needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have moved to Singapore and have an Aust iTunes account. I have Apple TV connected to my TV and want to rent a movie but it is coming up with error message "This apple I'd is only valid for purchases in the Australian iTunes Store"

Does that mean I have to create a Singapore iTunes account separately to hire movies?

if you have aussie acct by default then the error message shouldnt be there unless you changed your address in your aussie account to singapore address so it become singapore acct now and its better to have more than 1 account rather than change the address :thumbs:

OP
B

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that's right trying to download a movie in Singapore iTunes with an Australian iTunes account as the movie hasn't been released in Austbyet

OP
B

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that's right there is a movie in the Singapore iTunes we want and using our aust itunes account

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot do that sorry if you are a resident of Singapore then set up a new account with local address and a new email. Either pay for it with iTunes cards from Singapore via redemption or new visa. Then you can watch any movie in the Singapore iTunes list. If you want to watch movies in Australia switch countries and do the same it is that easy

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason you cannot do it is licensing laws each country is independent and what is available varies from country to country. USA has a bigger range of music and movies plus apps than Australia and I would suspect Singapore will be similar to Australia regard content. In some cases cost to rent is lower in other countries other than Australia but this depends on the exchange rate

If you need assistance setting it up send a pm to me. I am considering providing a detailed explanation of the procedure in the forum similar to what I posted in the international forum.

gotmilk2900

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm currently looking for someone to help me buy an ITunes Code from Singapore, I'm trying to buy and album & EP that is ONLY available in that ITunes Store. Can anyone please help!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts