What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More help needed

tandemum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
Having problems with my Facebook app, amongst others (particularly hidden object games)....they keep crashing and the intervals are getting shorter and shorter!
Do I need to delete them and reinstall or is there something more sinister going on?
Any assistance greatly appreciated
Regards
Lisa

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing sinister going on - its just that the iPad is a computer and sometimes it needs a swift kick in the software. :) Have you tried this: close every app and then restart or reset the iPad? To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

See if that helps? Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
T

tandemum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
There is nothing sinister going on - its just that the iPad is a computer and sometimes it needs a swift kick in the software. :) Have you tried this: close every app and then restart or reset the iPad? To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

See if that helps? Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I understand all that you have said...tried the first step several times so will go with the next.
Cheers

Ps you guys are awesome with your lightning fast replies, thanks!

OP
T

tandemum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again

I did everything you suggested, steps 1-3. Facebook seems to have stabilized until I try to share a status!
What now?
Cheers Lisa

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I dunno. I've successfully "shared" a status using the Facebook app (the one created/released by Facebook) - but that was on the phone. TBH - I can barely figure out what Facebook is doing... :)

My only other suggestion is to delete the app and then reinstall it. Maybe there was a glitch in the download?

If that doesn't help, my last idea is to contact the developers. That "share" function is new - so it may have some glitches. Maybe the developer can help.

Sorry, but that's all I've got. Hopefully, someone else may come along with other ideas. Or, the developer can help.

Marilyn

OP
T

tandemum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, I dunno. I've successfully "shared" a status using the Facebook app (the one created/released by Facebook) - but that was on the phone. TBH - I can barely figure out what Facebook is doing... :)

My only other suggestion is to delete the app and then reinstall it. Maybe there was a glitch in the download?

If that doesn't help, my last idea is to contact the developers. That "share" function is new - so it may have some glitches. Maybe the developer can help.

Sorry, but that's all I've got. Hopefully, someone else may come along with other ideas. Or, the developer can help.

Marilyn

Looks like a delete and reinstall. It is still happening and not just when I try to "share". Have been using it for 12 mths now and no trouble till about a week ago .
Thanks again for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts