What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more detailed traffic info needed for my carrier

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi & good day,

Is there an app providing more detailed traffic info needed for my carrier (= " 3 " in Sweden)

DataMan for iPad tells me that
today I used the 3G for normal surfing + email:
DOWN: 15 MB = 160% of my daily allowance.

Now what I did was 1 google search, and about 6 webpages (one page had a picture gallery, with 6 images being shown in turns) + fetching my 50 emails!

How this can add up to 15 MB ???

Or are there maybe some apps working in the background when the iPad is in SLEEP mode??

/ bw Omar

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi & good day,

Is there an app providing more detailed traffic info needed for my carrier (= " 3 " in Sweden)

DataMan for iPad tells me that
today I used the 3G for normal surfing + email:
DOWN: 15 MB = 160% of my daily allowance.

Now what I did was 1 google search, and about 6 webpages (one page had a picture gallery, with 6 images being shown in turns) + fetching my 50 emails!

How this can add up to 15 MB ???

Or are there maybe some apps working in the background when the iPad is in SLEEP mode??

/ bw Omar

Were the images high resolution images? If so, they could easily be 2MB each - or more - so 15 MB doesn't seem at all unreasonable.

Yes - as well - apps such as Mail work in the background when the iPad is in Sleep and check occasionally for new mail. You can set that frequency in the 'Settings' menu.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts