What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mifi /wifi suggestions

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys ,can anyone suggest a good mifi or wifi service or something of the sort for when im out of my home and school wifi range since i have a wifi only ipad2,thanks guys.

Reaction score
Perhaps. But you will get more accurate answers, if you mention in what country and area you live.

If you happen to live in the US, than Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all offer mifi's, so you need to find out which one covers your area and if it happens to be more then one provider compare them.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps. But you will get more accurate answers, if you mention in what country and area you live.

If you happen to live in the US, than Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all offer mifi's, so you need to find out which one covers your area and if it happens to be more then one provider compare them.
thank you lol did not realize i did not provide vital info ,,,i live in the U.S in Tampa Fla,

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Suggest you look at one first. Mine was designed by a sadist with tiny fingers.
Hopefully more modern ones are better.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm using a Zoom (4506?) that I got from Amazon for ~$70. It runs on battery or external power and can be either plugged into a modem or us a USB air card. I also saw a stand-alone for ~$150, but I already have an air card.

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Iphone 4 you can Teather from it and use the phones internet with the latest update. though not sure if it works with your carrier.

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Iphone 4 you can Teather from it and use the phones internet with the latest update. though not sure if it works with your carrier.
thank you ,,,i have a droid x with verizon and i may just use their tether service ,,,it is like $30 for one and i need it for both my girl and i so i was thinking there may be a cheaper service wherew we can tether to both but i doubt it as $60 a month is not too bad

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah ok, yeah all depends on the phone, as here we can have up to 5 people on the one phone teather. for no extra charge.

not sure about where you are but here we also have a device with sim card that allows multipul people wifi connect to it.

there should be plently of non expencive options for you, hard to name them though from here :)

hope that was of some help

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah ok, yeah all depends on the phone, as here we can have up to 5 people on the one phone teather. for no extra charge.

not sure about where you are but here we also have a device with sim card that allows multipul people wifi connect to it.

there should be plently of non expencive options for you, hard to name them though from here :)

hope that was of some help
well thank you my friend and i wish we were able to have 5 devices on FREE tether ,,this is a paid service and im not sure if any of you follow the rooted droids /android forums or anything but vzw and other carriers and also at&t are laying down the law and tightening up on people who steal this feature ,,i agree with them that its stealing but i wish it wasnt so expensive ,,,thank you all for your suggestions and i will search around for the best deal:D

scottcocoabeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go with the Sprint Overdrive and you can get 4g speeds in a lot of major cities including Tampa and 3G in other areas. Speed on 4g is awesome.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you eat a lot of data verzion mifi is $80 for 10 gigs hate the price but unless you are grandfathered in for unlimited it's the most I've seen for the money

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you eat a lot of data verzion mifi is $80 for 10 gigs hate the price but unless you are grandfathered in for unlimited it's the most I've seen for the money
i am grandfathered in with unlimited data ,,,at least for now ,i have been with verizon for ten years so i may go that route,,,thank you all for your input and suggestions

Ser182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now using the 4G Samsung SCH-LC11 from verizon. I have just received it so not sure the reliability yet. But right now it is very fast.

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now using the 4G Samsung SCH-LC11 from verizon. I have just received it so not sure the reliability yet. But right now it is very fast.
Thanks for the great input!:D

Most reactions

Latest posts