What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft office on IPAD 2

Kiyanko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I was trying to download the Microsoft Office package to my iPad but the customer reviews are bad. Can anyone suggest any alternative?
Thanks

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kiyanko said:
Hi,
I was trying to download the Microsoft Office package to my iPad but the customer reviews are bad. Can anyone suggest any alternative?
Thanks

Eh? Microsoft hasn't released Office for iPad yet. There's only talk that they may do so at some point next year. They're still developing it. But I can tell you...a LOT of people are eagerly awaiting Office for iPad.

Anyway, could you please elaborate? Perhaps you've gotten the product names mixed up?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
K

Kiyanko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw apps that said Microsoft Office 2010 in the app store.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kiyanko said:
I saw apps that said Microsoft Office 2010 in the app store.

Okay, I searched the App Store using "Microsoft Office". I think I found what you saw...look here at the pic I've attached (tap on it to get a bigger view)...in the "iPad Apps" section...is this what you're referring to?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-1124178229.png
    image-1124178229.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 5,375

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I believe you may have been looking at a user manual or guide to the use of Windows Office.

That's what I am prepared to tell him, but I wanted to make sure, per my previous post. Maybe he's looking at something else.

OP
K

Kiyanko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ya. That is it. Thanks for the help guys.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kiyanko said:
Hi,
Thanks

You can take a look at QuickOffice HD. I just recently scooped it and really like it thus far. Hunt around for reviews both here and elsewhere to see if it will fit your needs.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I second that. I too use QuickOffice and that seems to be doing a decent job working with my Miceosoft documents and files.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends what part of Office you want but

I use Apple's Pages and Numbers all the time. 100% compatible with MS Office equivalents.

pinxue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple's iWork (Keynote /PowerPoint, Pages /Word and Numbers /excel) works fine on iPad.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A "user guide" - for $22.99???

See P.T. Barnum for guidance.

If Office does come out for the iPad will it be just as insanely expensive as it's Windows software counterpart?

Not according to rumors but the entire Office for the iPad notion is a rumor. In any event, it's likely to be far less feature laden than the PC counterpart. That, of course, is also true of the iPad versions of Apple's own office apps such as Numbers, and Pages.

Most reactions