What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsim Cutter and

Appsolution

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to get a microsim cutter for cheap? Most of the sites have it for $25-$30 but don't have stock. I don't trust a lot of the people on eBay.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Just cut the card manualy. I wouldnt trust a simcard cutter since different simcard types have the chip in different sizes.

Get your ipad microsim, place it on the regular simcard so that it completely covers the metal chip. Trace an outline around the microsim so that you know where to cut it.

I cut my mirosim with a dremal and it was super easy, other people cut it without any issue using normal scissors.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think the last MacWorld has a story on doing your own T-Mobile Micro Sim and info where to find an adapter to use it back on T-Mobile. Once you cut the Sim you cant reuse on T-Mobile without the adapter.

OP
A

Appsolution

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice but I gave up and ended up buying the Microsim Cutter from SIMCUMCISE.COM They emailed me that the order would ship out on the 8th. It includes two microsim card adapters so I can re-use the sim in my phone.

Smithy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a t-mobile sim cut down and it still works in a spare phone I have

vijay2pvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone in bangalore wants to convert your normal sim to microsim for iphone 4 or ipad within 5 minutes then You can call me at 9916404237 ... sim conversion Rs.50

Most reactions

Latest posts