What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microids Launches Return to Mysterious Island - Deluxe iPad Edition

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The Microids name is well known to adventure game fans, particularly for its Syberia series, so I always sit up and take notice when Microids releases a new game. The Jules Verne franchise has already been a huge hit on other platforms, selling over 850,000 copies on PC, iPhone and iPod touch to date. Now it makes the leap to the iPad, with a "Deluxe Edition", no less, which features all-new content that extends average gameplay to more than 16 hours, as well as an enhanced user interface and stunning graphics that take full advantage of the iPad's larger screen.

The game is based on Jules Verne's classic novel, "The Mysterious Island", and puts players' survival skills to the test as they take on the role of Mina, a shipwrecked woman who had been in the middle of a round-the-world solo sailing expedition.

The player must use their powers of logic, creative inventory management, and elements of the supernatural as they explore recognisable locations from the famous novel, including the granite house, the volcano and the Nautilus, in their bid to achieve the ultimate aim of escape from the island. Sophisticated puzzle challenges and lush tropical landscapes along with the photorealistic pre-rendered vistas all combine to make this a really lavish adventure game experience.

If you like the sound of all that, you can download the game here for $9.99/£5.99.

Source: Microids

funnnyfarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the first game on my PC , great! But I have a iPad 2 and tried the second game on it. There is a problem , I've trier all settings on the iPad and in the game unless there is one I don't know. The biggest problem is the game runs in Portrait orientation not in Landscape. When she talks to the monkey the caption below is to far to the left . I can't see the right side of the words. That's why I say it should be run in Landscape. Also the monkey can get the dirty rages to the water and clean them but can't give them to her to fix her leg. Unless there is something hidden on the right of the screen. I also tried reloading the game. Do you have any ideas? I would rely like to run it. Thanks funnnyfarm

funnnyfarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the game the 12-6 ,from iTunes. And last night it had a big update , haven't run it yet. will let you know. thanks funnnyfarm

funnnyfarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I downloaded an update for Return to Mysterious Island 2. And they fixed the problem of Portrait orientation to Landscape. That fixed that problem , can't wait to play. thanks funnnyfarm

Most reactions

Latest posts