What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messages?

Rod66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Messages..... Please help

Hi I have an iPad with 3G and wifi on the Orange network, I got a text message from orange but can't work out where to go to read it, I have an iPhone 4 and if I get a message it goes to my message box?
Also when we plug it into the laptop with the lead we got with it, it says "not charging" it only charges on certain leads.
Can anyone help
Regards
Rod

Last edited:

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't help on the message query as I only have a wifi model, but with regard to not charging when plugged into your computer, I think you will find that most of us are in the same boat in that ours don't charge either, there is not enough power in most USB slots to charge the iPad. However, if you turn the iPad off whilst plugged into your PC (ie., the screen is not on) it will 'trickle' charge.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the previous poster correctly noted, a standard 'PC' USB 2.0 connection charges at only 500 mA, which is insufficient to power and charge the iPad. Hence the 'not charging' message. The iPad's 10W charger, that came with the unit, charges at 2A - four times that of a standard USB connection.

The iPad cannot receive SMS messages directly via 3G. There are some third party service providers that offer a 'pseudo-SMS' service that allow you to send SMS from their server to any mobile 'phone and receive SMS back to that server, from where you can access them over the Internet using Safari or a special app.

But text messages sent *direct* to the number associated with the SIM card in your iPad cannot be received.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts