What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory increase for iPad 2

cconard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if one can purchase a memory upgrade for my iPad 2 from 16GB to 32 or 64GB?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only external storage is possible and even that is of limited value. For sure, it's absolutely not possible to internally upgrade the storage capacity of an iPad in the way that you suggest. The only way to do that is to sell your existing iPad and purchase one with a greater storage capacity.

Tim

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can jb and use the USB camera adapter kit from apple $29usd and put vid files on it and use ifile to read them.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

digipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
Careful with seagate. Usually crap out after a year or so

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Ups.. wish WD soon will create the same product

Billy☝ Atlantis° Indonesia ✧❂✧

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't the new Cloud going to help with some storage issues? I'm not really up to speed with what it is but thought it was some kind of storage in cyber space thing. Very, very technically minded me!

I use Dropbox for all my photos, I have my entire photo library viewable on the ipad this way, without using any space.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes iCloud will provide cloud storage but it's probably not going to be fast enough to stream movies. I'm sure other Members will have more information on this, but there's quite a lot of background information on the Apple website.

Tim

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I had a look at the website. I guess I didn't think about movies as I don't think I'll ever really watch them on my iPad.

Does that mean if you had a movie library in the cloud you could copy/download/save it to your iPad to watch it then release it back? I did tell you I'm not technically minded... :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - absolutely - that's the idea - keep big items away from the iPad, safe and sound...

Tim

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - absolutely - that's the idea - keep big items away from the iPad, safe and sound...

Tim

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not! But that's how I thought it worked anyway. I only have the 16GB so I think the Cloud is going to be useful for me. I guess I can also stop using Dropbox once the Cloud comes into being?

Gbryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I buy the 64 gig memory module, open my iPad, replace the 16 gig module?
Or...
Send my 16 gig iPad to apple to have the memory increased.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gbryant said:
Can I buy the 64 gig memory module, open my iPad, replace the 16 gig module?
Or...
Send my 16 gig iPad to apple to have the memory increased.

It's flash memory and soldered to main board. Not as easy as replacing a pc hard drive

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts