What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum Data Transfer Rate between iPad 3 and PC with USB 3.0 ?

iPad3Questions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having difficulty determining whether the iPad 3 transfers data between a computer at USB 3.0 speeds when connected to a USB 3.0 port. I'm assuming that since the answer is so difficult to find, it must be transferring it at USB 2.0 speeds regardless of whether it's connected to a USB 3.0 port, otherwise they would be marketing the faster data transfer speeds.

So, what is the Maximum Data Transfer Rate between the iPad 3 and a computer with USB 3.0 ?

Thank you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad3Questions said:
Hello,

I'm having difficulty determining whether the iPad 3 transfers data between a computer at USB 3.0 speeds when connected to a USB 3.0 port. I'm assuming that since the answer is so difficult to find, it must be transferring it at USB 2.0 speeds regardless of whether it's connected to a USB 3.0 port, otherwise they would be marketing the faster data transfer speeds.

So, what is the Maximum Data Transfer Rate between the iPad 3 and a computer with USB 3.0 ?

Thank you.

USB 2.0 speeds. No one really knows the actual speed of the link.

Michellelouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itunes application provided by Appleis the best way t o transfer data from iOS device to PC and todownload thelatest version of itunes application you need to visithttp://www.apple.com/itunes/

Butin rare situations if you are not able to transfer iPsd adat usingitunes application than you need a third party tool to transfer iPaddata.

formore information, visit at How to transfer iPad Data | iPad Data Transfer

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you.

Transfer rates will vary as this is also dependent on Computer CPU and hard drive access rates,

Most reactions