What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel’s The Avengers Blu-Ray Gets a Companion iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Marvel has announced today that its forthcoming Blu-Ray disc of the fantastically successful blockbuster movie “Marvel’s The Avengers†will get its own second-screen iPad app, which is a first for Marvel, but I’m sure not the last! The Avengers currently stands as the third-highest grossing movie of all time, and the number 1 movie in the world at present. Although the Blu-ray, DVD, Digital and On-Demand versions of the movie won’t be released until September 25, 2012, the companion app is being released in July, as part of the build-up to the release of the other versions. In the new app–The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel Second Screen App,†fans will get the chance to enjoy even more of the Marvel Universe, as they download exclusive content, with pieces being released bi-weekly in July and August and weekly in September, leading up to a full, immersive experience accompanying the film on Blu-ray. Content includes special access to the S.H.I.E.L.D. database, becoming a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, invitations to “special missionsâ€, either remotely or in the field, links to character profiles, stories and scenes, an interactive Marvel digital reader comic book, and much more.

Source: Marvel

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts