Disney Consumer Products and Marvel Entertainment have today launched a fantastic new iPad app for comic book fans of all ages who want to start creating their own comic-book art. Marvel Creativity Studio Stylus and App was created exclusively for iPad by eKids, and enables comic book fans to learn to draw, colour and animate their favourite Marvel Super Heroes and villains from Avengers Assemble, The Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
"The Marvel Creativity Studio is an innovative way for fans of all ages to learn how to draw some of Marvel's most popular Super Heroes while allowing them to use their imagination to feel like they're part of the action," said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global franchise licensing and commercialization at Disney Consumer Products. "Leveraging the comic drawing history of the Marvel brand with the innovation that eKids brings to the table â€“ or in this case, tablet â€“ this product delivers a fun experience with endless play value."
Hereâ€™s a list of some of the App and Stylusâ€™s best features, courtesy of Disney and Marvel:
- Professionally illustrated coloring pages, where you can add your own flare with tons of drawing tools and an extensive color pallet
- Use of the stylus to unlock special tools including the " Reveal" tool to flawlessly color the page like a pro
- An interactive grid system that includes specialty drawing aids such as side-by-side drawing canvas, trace lines and unique "Drawing Scope" â€“ allowing artists of all levels to successfully learn how to draw these characters
- Build and animate action scenes with character stickers, sound effects, speech bubbles and backgrounds
- Create your own custom stickers and add them to animated scenes
The Stylus is available at mass retailers, for the price of $34.99, which includes unlimited access to all content and future updates. A deluxe version, including a limited-edition zippered carry case, is available for the same price, exclusively from Apple Retail Stores and the Apple Online Store. As Engadget notes, you donâ€™t actually need to have the stylus to use the app, which is a free download, but if you do have one, it will unlock several bonus features.
Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-creativity-studio/id687792353?mt=8