What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I got an email from my company's community group asking people to attend the MLK celebration. I figured this was a good way to get out of work, right? So here I am at the celebration, there is a choir on stage singing about thank you Jesus...a soloists is leading a choir singing in the background. The audience is on its feet clapping and singing along.

This is not my cultural experience, but it is a very inspiring experience. I am thankful, I heeded the call to attend. I hope you all get the chance to attend something similar today. I know this is an international forum, MLK Jr was an American leader that caused many Americans to rethink our country's direction in terms of human value and the diversity of the American experience. I quote Dr. King: integration is the celebration of the rich diversity of humanity.

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have today off, but I plan on showing the kids the "I have a dream" speech along with some old news footage. I still can't believe that at one time, dogs were used to quiet the crowds who we only looking for equal rights.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions