What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

making sense of fonts on iPad

Gorlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to install some Truetype fonts on my iPad... mainly for use in iBooks, but it would be nice if I could use them on the desktop (icon labels) as well...
So I uploaded them to iCloud, then used iFont to install them... sorta...
Well iFont says they are installed, and I downloaded/installed the Profiles as required.
However, Settings -> General -> Fonts says "No Fonts Installed"
ITM, iBooks also doesn't show my new fonts...

So how do I get fonts into iBooks?? Or is that even possible??
and what good is the iFont app, if I can only use its fonts in the iFont app???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I‘m using an app called AnyFont. The fonts loaded to the iPad can be found in Settings - General - VPN & Device Management. Maybe you‘ll find them there as well

The ones I‘ve installed can be used in Pages, Keynotes or Numbers. Afaik, it‘s not possible to change the font for Books, or the system font.

OP
G

Gorlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I‘m using an app called AnyFont. The fonts loaded to the iPad can be found in Settings - General - VPN & Device Management. Maybe you‘ll find them there as well

The ones I‘ve installed can be used in Pages, Keynotes or Numbers. Afaik, it‘s not possible to change the font for Books, or the system font.
Heh... okay, figures... so after jumping through contortions to squeeze the fonts onto the machine, I cannot use them anywhere that I actually want to... great...

Most reactions