What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major iPad Issues

methodfilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but I have looked around to see if there was a solution to this issue, so far found nothing.

Basically when I'm in Safari my screen will all of the sudden start jumping around. It will zoom in and out, move left to right, up and down, all on its own. I can't click/touch on anything as its now unresponsive. When I exit it out I can no longer use any other app. All the icons are now non-responsive to touch. It won't let me shut down normally either as I have to do the home/power button reset to get it off and back on.

I've tried clearing my cookies, history, cache, yet same thing. I've noticed it happening when searching in Google, and when checking my football and hockey pools. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all but today its been almost every few minutes. Its not jailbroken, and i've done all the updates. It only started happening a few days ago and there's been no changes at all to the device.

Any help at all?

Please and thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If holding down the Home and Sleep/Wake button method of rebooting your iPad does not help, the you just might have a defective screen --

ipad29.jpg

The only other thing would be to ask if you are using your iPad "naked" (the iPad, NOT you!). If its not in a case, it could be possible that you could be accidentally touching part of the screen. If it still does what you are saying even when you lay it flat on a table, then it is most likely time to exchange your iPad for a new one since it is still under warranty. Just be sure to sync your iPad and back it up before you do!

OP
M

methodfilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i do have a zagg screen on it. But just happened out of the blue...but maybe its my issue. That would explain the screen acting possessed, but not sure why it would cause it to become unresponsive all of the sudden.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a Zagg shield on mine pretty much since day one. I know they are not cheap, but you might try and taking it off and see what happens. All of my 50% off coupons have expired, but Amazon has them for about half the price of what you can buy them for from Zagg anyway.

OP
M

methodfilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh i got back ups, that's no worry. I'm going to try a backup and restore first, the removal of shield second.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Most reactions