What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail sending. Problem

Tomuk21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can anybody help???
I have a problem sending mail from my iPad 2.
My Internet provider is Virgin Media and they have checked and no problem found,
I was not surprised as I can send and receive from my desktop computer and from my laptop.
On my iPad I can only receive.

I've checked the SMPT setting and everything seems to be correct, any ideas please?????

Stuart Knox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me to same problem I can't send from virgin trains Internet anywhere else no problem

GodOfThunder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all...I've had the same problem albeit from a different service (hotmail). Trying to forward an email always came back with an "unknown error" message. I adjusted some settings pertaining to email on my ipad (fetch to push, back to fetch...manual to automatic back to manual, etc)...somehow, after making changes and changing it back to original, it seemed to work. Hopefully, this "might" work for you. Good Luck!

OP
Tomuk21

Tomuk21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your impute friends, my problem has now been solved, it seems the SMPT for NTL no longer works on the iPad, you have to reset to read
SMPT.virginmedia.com,funny as IMAP remains the same as IMAP.ntlworld.com. How does that work????

Most reactions

Latest posts