What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail page freezes

SueSchus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3. Since the IOS 8 update I've had trouble trying to access my emails. I could open "Mail" and I could click on one of my mailboxes and open it. I could open or delete the emails shown. But then I could not get to another inbox. (I have 5.) No reaction to tapping anywhere on the screen. Sometimes I could reboot and that might work for a bit. Took it to the local Apple store three times. Once the Genius just deleted everything. Once the Genius did something simpler, but I don't know exactly what. Last time the Genius explained I did not have enough free space, and I should delete some apps, etc. OK, so what did I do ---

I bought a new iPad Mini Air. I've had it ONE WEEK and it is doing the same thing! Obviously there is some setting or some app (not all apps are on both devices) or something in the air that is not right. What?

Eventually just leaving them alone for a time and pretending I don't care will bring back the ability to get to the inbox. But this is not the way it should work. Thoughts on fixing would be appreciated.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you say you have five inboxes, do you mean five separate accounts or different inboxes tied to one account?

OP
S

SueSchus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say you have five inboxes, do you mean five separate accounts or different inboxes tied to one account?
I have 4 (not 5, I can't count) email inboxes on my iPads. Both iPads are on the same Apple account.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you download and installed the latest OS update? It's certainly worth doing since many bugs have been addressed. Might help and is worth it anyways. Try that and see what happens.

jeraldjamescapao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too... My mail freezes and sometimes it indicates I still have unread messages but in fact I already read all of them :( Is it because of the new update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too... My mail freezes and sometimes it indicates I still have unread messages but in fact I already read all of them :( Is it because of the new update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Haven't read or heard about any mail troubles even before the update. You are running 8.1.1 right now though?

What kind of email accounts are you using? Google? Yahoo?

jeraldjamescapao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 8.1 only. I use Yahoo! and I encountered the problem

Sent from my iPhone6+ using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could as well be the Yahoo account. Did you try removing and reinstalling it? In most cases, this will help getting rid of problems with email accounts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts