What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacWorld crashing Safari!!!!

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing so cool about the iPad over a PC is not just the awesome UI but the incredible stability. I have had very little trouble with my iPhone and only one problem with the iPad but it has been a recurring issue Safari crashes occasionally but only while I'm browsing MacWorld.com. It's happens often enough that I stopped using Safari to view that site, Flipboard is cooler anyhow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Safari does occasionally crash. One way to minimise the problem is to (a) close Safari down completely. Double tap the Home key, when in any app other than Safari, press and hold any icon in the multi-task bar until they start to 'jiggle', then tap the 'X' symbol on the top left-hand corner of the Safari icon. This will close the app completely.

(b) another thing that helps is to completely switch off the iPad by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears, accepting the offer to switch off then, when the screen has gone completely blank, switch on again by pressing and holding the Power button until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then restart; it takes a while, so be patient.

This last procedure is recommended by Apple and they suggest you do it periodically anyway.

Hope this helps - it has stopped my Safari crashing when visiting certain sites.

Tim

mugece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem but mine is worse. I cannot go between apps without turning my iPad off and on again. I have been using it for a week now and don't have too much apps nor music. And it is not only between apps, I cannot use safari more than 5-10 min. It crashes again. If I don't find a solution this problem, this thing is going back to best buy. Please help...

OP
Jarhead

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you forced a restart? Hold the home and power buttons for five or ten seconds. My iPhone has done that and forcing a restart fixed it.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

mugece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
İt is not forcing me to restart but safari page or app is not opening . And finally it is giving connection problem message. After turning it off and putting back on everything it fix for 5 min and same problem occurs again. I have 2 online game apps and I cannot play them without powernoff and on. I have 32 gb 3G iPad.

Most reactions