What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macloveworld iPad 2 Cases

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a couple of cases on the Maclove world website that really catch my eye, but I cannot seem to find much info on the company, nor availability of the cases. Anyone have any info?

I am so dang tired of searching for a case that suits my needs. It seems that every time I get ready to pull the trigger on one, I find out that the case is not available.

BTW, here is a link:

Viscount - macloveworld

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is what the smart cover Should have been.

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bottom only

Looks like this is a bottom only case designed to go with the smart cover, according to ilounge

OP
M

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not what is shown on the images of the case. The Maclove logo is clearly on the case and other images show it to be a 1 piece case that covers the front and back.

I have emailed the owner for info about availability and no word yet. Will advise if I hear from him.

sbroadway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macloveworld

I e-mailed the owner as well after I received a welcome e-mail for joining his site.

I am interested in his cases too. I like the way they expose the full front of the iPad 2

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wrote the "owner" back on the 13th in regards to the Jumper. He replied later than evening stating, "We will ship the item to you after you clear the payment within 24 hours , if you want to choose color ,please give me a email ,since our website can't choose color now ,we will complete it ."

I placed an order tonight for a Jumper to match the Navy Smart Cover. In the order comments I requested the Navy color and then after the order was complete I sent him another email stating the request.

I also noticed that the Jumper is available on Amazon from the same seller, but it's small amount more and shipping is extra.

I'm not worried about not receiving it since Paypal will take care of it, if that happens. My only concern is working with them to return it if the case turns out to be garbage.

OP
M

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got tired of screwing around with this outfit and ordered a Toblino 2 case. Moreover, there is a blistering review of one of the Maclove cases on Amazon. I hope that review is an anomaly.

Good luck.

I will also say that I was offput by having to put my birth date on the "registration" form (I did not use my real birth date). What kind of crap is that? That, coupled with having a poor website and lack of communication, begs the question whether that outfit is legit. Caveat emptor.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it is poor and the red flag is up as we say in Aus it concerns me. I suspect it is a one man band website acting on behalf of a Chinese manufacture. I sent an email complaining about the site will wait and see.

sbroadway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to hear the bad reports. I really want that case. I'm so picky. I like the fact the case exposes most of the front face of the iPad 2.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a couple of cases on the Maclove world website that really catch my eye, but I cannot seem to find much info on the company, nor availability of the cases. Anyone have any info?

I am so dang tired of searching for a case that suits my needs. It seems that every time I get ready to pull the trigger on one, I find out that the case is not available.

BTW, here is a link:

Viscount - macloveworld

Thanks for any help.

From the picture it looks like a Smart Cover with an added back. All that will do is add weight and thickness.

There are some really slick films that wrap around the back for protection but don't add appreciable weight or thickness. Check out the posts on this forum, there are about a dozen ... wow. The one I liked looked like carbon fiber. Here's the link on this forum for all kinds of options.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/24527-ipad-2-cases.html

Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got tired of screwing around with this outfit and ordered a Toblino 2 case. snip

That case looks exactly like the one from Targus ... I got from Best Buy for the same price. It fits beautifully, sets up in stand mode slick and fast... provides full wrap around protection including the corners... adds a bit of thickness and weight, but I really like the stand action. It is more stable.

If it is like mine, you should love it. I did a DYI and added a magnet ... now I also have on/off when I open/close the cover. Slick.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree it is poor and the red flag is up as we say in Aus it concerns me. I suspect it is a one man band website acting on behalf of a Chinese manufacture. I sent an email complaining about the site will wait and see.

Vast numbers of accessories out there for the iPad come from China. This is not likely a big surprise to most here. Interesting thing is the prices.

I have seen at least a dozen cases with built in keyboards like the offerings from Zagg. Cost per unit can be as low as $15.00 or so. But, you need to deal with large quantities and shipping and import issues.

I am not saying things from China are bad. After all, the iPad is currently made in China, I think.

I am looking for a new case to carry the iPad, a keyboard, and other crap. More of a satchel than a traditional case. I will likely carry the iPad, keyboard, cell, a few notebooks, 2 fountain pens, and a 2-meter HT. I definitely want leather. The problem is, there are too many choices.

Bob

JapaneseChin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKE4AU, SBROADWAY, JD78

I found this forum through google search... as I was looking for feedbacks regarding MacLoveWorld...

At this point I want to say BEWARE ABOUT MACLOVEWORLD....I ordered a Viscount in pink on 4/11 and the order status is still "Preparing" as of this day. It has been more than a full week. I have emailed "Jimmy" at Macloveworld.com three times. The first time was two days after I placed the order, he told me the pink Viscount is out of stock, and told me to wait for 2 days and he will give me tracking#. I waited but he never got back to me. So I followed up with two more emails this past weekend and last night, and still no response. I am going to file a PayPal complaint about this deceptive business today. There is nowhere on the website that indicated the products are out of stock, yet they are not hesitant when it comes to taking your money. SHAME ON YOU MACLOVEWORLD! I have searched the web but am very surprised there are no other customer complaint about them?! If any of you who placed an order and is experiencing the same issue please share with me... Thank you...

Last edited:

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKE4AU, SBROADWAY, JD78

I found this forum through google search... as I was looking for feedbacks regarding MacLoveWorld...

At this point I want to say BEWARE ABOUT MACLOVEWORLD....I ordered a Viscount in pink on 4/11 and the order status is still "Preparing" as of this day. It has been more than a full week. I have emailed "Jimmy" at Macloveworld.com three times. The first time was two days after I placed the order, he told me the pink Viscount is out of stock, and told me to wait for 2 days and he will give me tracking#. I waited but he never got back to me. So I followed up with two more emails this past weekend and last night, and still no response. I am going to file a PayPal complaint about this deceptive business today. There is nowhere on the website that indicated the products are out of stock, yet they are not hesitant when it comes to taking your money. SHAME ON YOU MACLOVEWORLD! I have searched the web but am very surprised there are no other customer complaint about them?! If any of you who placed an order and is experiencing the same issue please share with me... Thank you...

I placed an order on Sunday, 4/17 for a Jumper case. I immediately emailed him and the email address listed on the Paypal account letting them know that I would like the Jumper in Navy. I have not heard anything back and my order is still "Preparing" as well. I sent another email earlier today, and will give it two more business days before I open a dispute with Paypal. This is technically only the second business day for me, so i'm not in Panic mode yet. Actually, I'm not really worried about it... Paypal will take care of it one way or the other.

Most reactions

Latest posts