What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mach 3 Composites Carbon Fiber iPad Cover - Review

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the glossy cover for my iPad from Kevin at Mach 3 Composites last week. What a great cover for sure. I posted a review similar to this one in his forum, but thought it may be better served here as well.

Customer Service: Let me assure everyone what a great guy Kevin is. He answered my questions promptly, and provided more than the asked for information.

Shipping: He shipped the cover exactly when he said he would, and it arrived at my home exactly when he said it would. The packaging was perfect. There was no way the cover was going to get damaged.

Appearance: Very classy and expensive looking. It is for sure real carbon fiber, no doubt about that. The craftsmanship is above average. The are absolutely zero structural or design flaws with my cover. It is ultra, ultra thin. I can barely tell it is even on.

Fit: One of the things I love most about this cover is the coverage on the sides. The cover stops right at the edge of the angeled silver bezel on the iPad. So this way the cover does not interfere in any way with use of the iPad. Plus, you can put any screen protector you want on without any interference from the cover.

It slips right on with no hassle. No tape, no glue, no tabs to hold it on. It fits firmly to all surfaces of the iPad, and it is not going to fall off. It actually took some wiggling and prying to get it off.

Summary: I totally dig this cover, but I also understand the price is not for everyone. They are on sale right now for $70, which is $20 less than normal. I was ready to pay $90 for it, then it went on sale the day I was ready to buy. When my wife buys her iPad, I will be getting her one of these covers for sure.

-Mike

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!

Just one question. When you say it's ultra, ultra thin, do you think it would be usable in a sleeve type case that's pretty custom fit? I have a Targus Z case and there is just a tiny bit of play around the iPad, but for the most part, it's pretty snug. I love the protection of the case, but I would like something to be protecting it when it's out of the case as well.

I'm gonna check out the website and see if I can tell from the pics there.

Thanks for the review!

OP
M

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad still fits in the Griffin Elan no problem. I am going to go to the Apple store tonight and see if it still fits in the standard Apple case.

I have not used the case you refer to, but the thickness of this case is equal to the distance from the edge of your iPad screen to the edge of the silver bezel on top, not the angled part, just the top flat part. Actually, just a smidge thinner.

-Mike

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad still fits in the Griffin Elan no problem. I am going to go to the Apple store tonight and see if it still fits in the standard Apple case.

I have not used the case you refer to, but the thickness of this case is equal to the distance from the edge of your iPad screen to the edge of the silver bezel on top, not the angled part, just the top flat part. Actually, just a smidge thinner.

-Mike

That sounds like it should be more than thin enough then. Thanks for the reply back. I'll be ordering me one of these.

OP
M

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a picture up close with it on the iPad so you can see how much it adds to the thickness. If you need any more pics, let me know. I have the camera out, and the iPad sitting on my desk.

-Mike

Attachments

• DSC04909.jpg
    DSC04909.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 595

Most reactions

Latest posts