What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacBook Pro Retina

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YAY....Ordered my new MacBook Pro Retina today....Really excited :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. 15 or 13 inch?
Went for the 13" again, I have that now on my older Pro and its always been enough, I have to say the 15" is very nice but a huge jump in price.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went for the 13" again, I have that now on my older Pro and its always been enough, I have to say the 15" is very nice but a huge jump in price.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 13" MacBook Pro, I bought mine last spring.:) image-3365690395.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 13" MacBook Pro, I bought mine last spring.:) View attachment 52713
I'm sure i will :) The retina screen is gorgeous isn't it, My 2011 Pro is in really nice condition so i should get a decent price for that, I ordered the Apple Superdrive and of course Apple care too.....Have you got an external drive?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure i will :) The retina screen is gorgeous isn't it, My 2011 Pro is in really nice condition so i should get a decent price for that, I ordered the AppleSuperdrive and of course Apple care too.....Have you got an external drive?
Not yet, I've been looking at a 1TB hard drive with a Thunderbolt connection.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you miss the Disc drive?
I don't burn DVDs or audio CDs. In fact, on my last laptop, an old IBM think pad, I only used the optical drive for watching movies.

BTW, what storage size did you order? Currently you can get up to 1TB of internal flash storage.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't burn DVDs or audio CDs. In fact, on my last laptop, an old IBM think pad, I only used the optical drive for watching movies.

BTW, what storage size did you order? Currently you can get up to 1TB of internal flash storage.
I ordered it with 256GB but i might change it tomorrow to 512GB, My old one has 320GB and has always been enough but of course its less, I'm going to check how much free space i have on here.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in a Best Buy recently and had the opportunity to compare the Retina and non-Retina versions of the Macbook Pro's. Needless to say, I was amazed that the Retina model was so much more attractive. I hadn't noticed much difference between the same models of iPad mini.

I want the Macbook Pro 13" Retina model so bad. Good choice!

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was in a Best Buy recently and had the opportunity to compare the Retina and non-Retina versions of the Macbook Pro's. Needless to say, I was amazed that the Retina model was so much more attractive. I hadn't noticed much difference between the same models of iPad mini.

I want the Macbook Pro 13" Retina model so bad. Good choice!
It is rather gorgeous :) I ordered mine with 8GB of memory, My present one had 4GB and i had it upgraded to 8GB, It seems the Retina can't be upgraded later so you need to get the right spec from the start.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And you bought it on Apple's 30 year anniversary too! Congrats.

I love my MBA--13 inch.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF
Yes, I had forgotten that, I'll be sad to see the old one go though, It was my very first Apple purchase.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I had forgotten that, I'll be sad to see the old one go though, It was my very first Apple purchase.

Are you donating the old one? I was just at the Apple store today helping my boss buy her iPad air!

I helped her set it all up, she's now a happy camper!

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you donating the old one? I was just at the Apple store today helping my boss buy her iPad air!

I helped her set it all up, she's now a happy camper!

No I'm selling it, It's worth quite a lot even though it's over two years old, Apple devices really hold their price here, It's immaculate, I have everything that it came with, Someone who can't afford a brand new one will be happy......Yes your boss will love it.

Most reactions

Latest posts