What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my Ipad!

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Now! Thought I'd share my story........

Oh my gosh. I was boarding a flight on US Airways from Philly to Raleigh N.C. On Thursday and realized I had left my iPad in the men's restroom. I had to talk my way off the plane and run back to the facilities. It was gone! I got on the plane and called the airport lost and found with no luck. Landed in Raleigh and called again... Still no luck. I called when I got to the hotel, and still no luck.

I realized how much my iPad had become part of my daily routines. I decided right then to order a new one right away, but first called Apple to see if I could transfer my AppleCare warranty. They explained that I couldn't but that they would refund me for the unused portion. She then checked her notes and said Jodi from US Air had called and referenced my iPad's serial number as having been found! The Rep emailed me Jodi's phone number at the baggage claim area at the airport. I picked it up yesterday when I returned home with no problem. It's great to see that there are still good people left in this world!

By the way, Jodi explained that the airline has so many lost Apple products that they have a special hot line number they use to call Apple to report them found! She also noted that there are some flyers who regularly request seating in the last row of the plane. Apparently they do that so that they can scan the empty seats for lost valuables and take them as they leave the plane after landing.

I heard that Apple didn't assist in the recovery process for lost products, so I was happily surprised to see that they actually did.

Well, that's my story do any of you have your own to share?

Leo

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow you are lucky, if i had lost my ipad i would cry lol I mean when I get my ipad and lose it which I dont plan to do :p

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Now! Thought I'd share my story........

Oh my gosh. I was boarding a flight on US Airways from Philly to Raleigh N.C. On Thursday and realized I had left my iPad in the men's restroom. I had to talk my way off the plane and run back to the facilities. It was gone! I got on the plane and called the airport lost and found with no luck. Landed in Raleigh and called again... Still no luck. I called when I got to the hotel, and still no luck.

I realized how much my iPad had become part of my daily routines. I decided right then to order a new one right away, but first called Apple to see if I could transfer my AppleCare warranty. They explained that I couldn't but that they would refund me for the unused portion. She then checked her notes and said Jodi from US Air had called and referenced my iPad's serial number as having been found! The Rep emailed me Jodi's phone number at the baggage claim area at the airport. I picked it up yesterday when I returned home with no problem. It's great to see that there are still good people left in this world!

By the way, Jodi explained that the airline has so many lost Apple products that they have a special hot line number they use to call Apple to report them found! She also noted that there are some flyers who regularly request seating in the last row of the plane. Apparently they do that so that they can scan the empty seats for lost valuables and take them as they leave the plane after landing.

I heard that Apple didn't assist in the recovery process for lost products, so I was happily surprised to see that they actually did.

Well, that's my story do any of you have your own to share?

Leo

That is awesome! Luckily I have not story to share:D

Im going to be huging my ipad the next coouple flights!

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We only hear bad stories and news so it's good for you to share the good news. There's lots of good people out there. The news just sells if they discuss the bad stuff.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple won't do the police's job investigating a crime. That would be a huge liability problem. They are more than happy to assist the police, and apparently the Airlines and other lost and found agencies. Nice to know.

It may seem resonable to you, or me, that Apple should tell us where/if they've seen our iPads. After all they have a record of who bought it. But they don't have a record of whether it was sold it, given away, nabbed by a disgruntled ex-spouce, repossesd for a debt, etc. If they gave away information about the iPad without a warrent they could easily find themselves on the pointy end of a legal department. So they insist, not so unreasonabaly, that you file the claim with the police and have them ask.

Good hearted people and companies that volutarily report missing items to Apple are another matter. It's good to know that they exist.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!!!!I'm going on a plane soon again and I'm glad you have it back!!!!! great news!

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It can easily happen,being a female I see it happen so easy,I carry my nook e reader everywhere o man everywhere lol N open hour purse take stuff put put back in back n forth....wham...it's missing!!

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is really a great story. I am so glad you shared it. One usually only hears the negative reports. Losing my iPad would be a devastating happenstance. I am almost embarrassed at how attached I am to it.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was a nice thread to read. I was glad to hear that this turned out the way that it did for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts