What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for the Ultimate Case / Stand

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a quality leather or nylon case that will stand the Ipad in horizontal and vertical orientation for airplane use. Dont need any pockets, pouches or anything real fancy but do want good protection. Post any ideas? Thanks.

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will say that I just purchased mine and sought the same. I decided on the apple thin case they offer at best buy. It is thin, keeping your iPad size minimal, and I put it in a neoprene pouch for added cushion. Works well for me in travel. Lays at a good angle for airplane rides IMO. My 2 cents

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too bought the apple case day I bought my iPad. It's too slippery to take to work without a case.

I do want something easier to get in/out of because I like having it bare for when at home on my days off. But the apple case is quite nice..not worth 40 but better than the other cases at best buy.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not see any of these that would stand the Ipad up in both vertical and horizontal orientations.....any other recommendations?

kailess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW - I find that I seldom use my iPad in the portrait or vertical position. Always in landscape position.

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a Crowncase vertical messenger bag to log the Ipad around and a Luxa2 H4 for a stand at the office. You can orient it at almost any angle.

I use the apple case for all around protection.

Amazon sells Crowncae, Best Buy Luxa2, and the Apple case.

I could not find any one case that does it all.

Good luck w the search,

Tom.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Search for the Chinao iPad Folio - does exactly what you ask although it is very slim so not the last word in drop protection. I have one and it is superb, I love it. I also got a cheaper version off the auction site for a 3rd of the price and it is almost as good but the fit isn't as flush around the screen but still does all you ask and for a good price.

Cklasse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my iPad case from Modulr. It has the built to withstand some knocks and is a case for carrying, protects, and a base to attach various stands. The iPad aluminum body is very soft and will get dented easily if knocked.

http://http://www.modulrcase.com/index.php

Last edited:

FirefighterTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ditto on ModulR

We've been using modulR since the beginning of August, and the stuff frickin' rocks. We have dropped our ipads on the concrete floor of the fire house exactly 5,456,987 times in the last 2 months, and aside from a couple extra shifts of bathroom maint, nobody else is worse for wear, least of all our precious ipads. Touch, durable, spartan design. Not at all girly, very utilitarian... we like'em.:ipad-back:

jconaway99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the otterbox. It is a little heavy but works well for me and I am not worried about my kids destroying it. (and it does stand in portrait and landscape)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-APL2-iPAD1-20-C4OTR-iPad-Defender-Case/dp/B003TVWNAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1285936976&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Otterbox APL2-iPAD1-20-C4OTR iPad Defender Series Case: Electronics[/ame]

mako140

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The modulR is just great. Looks os class too. Does it cause alot of thickness as well?

I think I will wait for the wall mount to be out. There might be a bundle offer as well.

FirefighterTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
modulR ipad wall mount

The modulR is just great. Looks os class too. Does it cause alot of thickness as well?

I think I will wait for the wall mount to be out. There might be a bundle offer as well.

The modulR Slim Mount only adds 3/4" to the case system, and the back of case itself is only 3/32" thick. All told, it's about the cleanest wall mount on the market right now, explains why so many home automation companies that are using the ipad as their interface surface are using modulR for their mounting system.

just my two cents...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With leather, my first choice would be Oberon Design - stands in both orientations, protects the device and in terms of craftsmanship and looks, nothing else I've seen (and I've seen plenty) even comes close...

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the modulR and found it way too messy - too fussy and too much messing about with it to get the ipad into the position I want.

I find the leather Yoobao Mk2 case to be the best so far. Its quality leather, neat, tidy, easy to use and a "doddle" to achieve that all important position "I want" :D

Most reactions

Latest posts