What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for sympathy - wont's get it, but looking anyway

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short version of story: Bought an iPad 2 16GB WiFi refurb from the Apple Store. Couldn't get it to work. After set-up and sync it would run for 1 - 5 minutes (a couple of time for an hour or more) and then shut down and reboot. Took it to an Apple Store. Returned it and bought a new iPad 16GB WiFi and it worked great. Decided I needed more storage and returned it to get a 32GB WiFi. Apple Store didn't have a black one only white ones. Returned home and ordered one from a local Apple reseller. Today I learned that the black ones (32GB) are backordered for two weeks. (This includes the Apple Store.) Sigh.

:(

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not much help but it will be worth the wait and I agree that 16gb isn't enough for most of us anymore. I looked tonight and I have 8gb in apps, 3gb in photos, 2.5gb in music, 11.5 in videos, etc... It goes quick!

taylor.sheridan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just keep reading threads on here and get ur "mouth watering" for ur new one...haha that's what I did anyways

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is attractive about white iPads? My niece has a white iPad, a white iPhone, a black car. I have a black iPad, a black iPhone, and a black car. She likes the contrast and I like the integration. To each their own. I don't mean to hijack your thread, I too would wait for a black iPad.

OP
D

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is attractive about white iPads? My niece has a white iPad, a white iPhone, a black car. I have a black iPad, a black iPhone, and a black car. She likes the contrast and I like the integration. To each their own. I don't mean to hijack your thread, I too would wait for a black iPad.

That's what I'm doing. Looking at the 64GB black WiFi now as there may be a better chance of getting that one. Rounding up the extra dough.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:

I have a white iPad, white iPod touch and a black car, am I confused lol? I thought the contrast against my photos was better and I don't play too many movies. To be honest it's hiding in a case now so don't see much of it anyway...

I've got about 10gb of apps, so getting a bigger iPad is definitely a best bet.

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at it this way, David. You're living in the most prosperous country on Earth. You have food to eat, and you're not dying from TB or malnutrition. You're not a prisoner rotting in a cell. You have all your limbs. Your dog probably loves you. And it's a beautiful day here in Virginia.

Glass at least half-full.

OP
D

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at it this way, David. You're living in the most prosperous country on Earth. You have food to eat, and you're not dying from TB or malnutrition. You're not a prisoner rotting in a cell. You have all your limbs. Your dog probably loves you. And it's a beautiful day here in Virginia.

Glass at least half-full.

Yes to all of that. Didn't mean to whine. Today was a good day. Found the local Best Buy had a 64GB WiFi model. Then went by the local Apple retailer to check on my order. Was about ready to cancel when I thought why pay another $100. So decided to wait it out. Fifteen minutes after leaving the store they called with the news that an unexpected shipment (5 units) of black 32GB WiFi models had arrived. So promptly went back and got one. It is all set up, I see no odd colors or notice any excess heat or any of the stuff that some people experience. Story is odd enough that I think that Steve himself said "get that guy an iPad so we don't have to listen to him."

Are you in south, central, or northern part of the Valley?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:

I gotta white phone, white iPad 3 is on its way and gettin blue car. I'm blue die hard. If iPads came in blue, id queue a week early. I had a black iph3g for two years, bought my white iPad 2 and was turn ever since. The black is so harsh to me. I love the brilliance of the white.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64 black 4g wifi and do not regret having the extra space. I also agree... To each his own but the white iPads look like a kids cheap toy to me

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would have told you to get the 64GB version. I read that those are actually the most popular model.

To my eyes, the iPad doesn't work in white (it draws your eyes to the bezel rather than the screen), but it works great on the iPhone (only a little white so not such a draw)! But enjoy what you get...

Most reactions

Latest posts