What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for old school

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good afternoon y'all. Looking for exact match, clones or closest for some old games, some VERY old games...

I know Atari came out with a retro app, but got booed in reviews and IPF for the most part. Would love any other retro suggestions.

Gyruss - early 80's. was addicted. so much so that I’m still thinking about it. I think it was Konami produced.

Tomb Raider series - liked the fact that you had to figure out how to move on, not just shoot em up and move on. Although you knew where you had to head, it wasn’t always so simple to get there.

Diablo. Can’t they just make an iPad version – LOVE that game.
Tempest was always fun. And Defender.

What about Lode Runner!?!? (I’m really dating myself now).

And lastly what about trading games like Taipan?

Any help would...well help. All I have is memories...***Sniff, sniff***

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Galaga 30th is pretty retro, Final Freeway is an Outrun clone, Space Inversions is Space Invaders, Vector Tanks is a pretty good Battle Zone, & Nano Tanks is like a Star Castle but with tanks. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are some "oldies" that I have. There are some shooters that are a bit like Berzerk, but I haven't found one just like it yet.

Having fun reliving my youth :)

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lode Runner can be great. It reminds the whole happy days for me on the scene of it.. Cute image designed and funny running,walking style,so meaningful and enjoyable....

Most reactions

Latest posts