What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for immersive games?

walkingsnake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have a gift card to spend over the weekend and I'm looking for a good immersive game for iPad. ie, something I can sound hours playing, such as an rpg. Basically, not a puzzle game or Angry Birds style. I've been looking at Final Fantasy III but the price is a little steep for me. I've found Aralon which looks definitely interesting but I'm not sold on $9.99 yet...

Any other suggestions? :)

Edit: I do also like building/simulation tycoon-style games, if anyone has any suggestions.

Last edited:

Wingmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Immersive games like those classic titles back in PC gaming days? Touch luck, iOS platform sure needs more games like this.

But one game to recommend is Dead Space HD. I haven't played it though as still waiting for discount.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
walkingsnake said:
So I have a gift card to spend over the weekend and I'm looking for a good immersive game for iPad. ie, something I can sound hours playing, such as an rpg. Basically, not a puzzle game or Angry Birds style. I've been looking at Final Fantasy III but the price is a little steep for me. I've found Aralon which looks definitely interesting but I'm not sold on $9.99 yet...

Any other suggestions? :)

Edit: I do also like building/simulation tycoon-style games, if anyone has any suggestions.

I totally agree with Wingmaker. Dead Space HD is extremely immersive. It's a very worthy addition to the Dead Space series. The whole atmosphere of it is so creepy. I finished it within three and half hours of purchasing it. However, there were so many times I wanted to stop because I was getting scared... Much like my experience with the console games. Haha. So weird because I didn't think it'd be scary on a screen as small as an iPad. Boy, was I wrong! :p

But I think I have been spoiled, having played Dead Space HD at least four times now, I can no longer appreciate any other game in the app store. So I highly recommend it! In my opinion, the best game for the iPad, ever. **I just checked the price and it seems the sale is still going on ($4.99) so yeah, I definitely recommend it!

And I'm not exactly the biggest fan of simulation games, but the ones I've tried and enjoyed were "SimCity Deluxe for iPad" (which I just checked is $1 right now!) and "City Story" (which is FREE :)).

Most reactions

Latest posts